• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Any 2023 events in Nebraska or Iowa?

Newbie2020

Mmmyeah...whatever
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2020
Nebraska
Are there any competitions for 2023 in Iowa or Eastern Nebraska?

There’s a bunch in Missouri but 7.5 hours from me.

Ideally somewhere within 4-5 hours of Omaha.

Thanks!

Reactions: Dannybcc
Are there any competitions for 2023 in Iowa or Eastern Nebraska?

There’s a bunch in Missouri but 7.5 hours from me.

Ideally somewhere within 4-5 hours of Omaha.

Thanks!
Yes. There are outlaw matches in Nebraska. And some matches in Southern South Dakota. Straight north of Omaha. There are PRS club matches and NRL hunter matches in Iowa along with outlaw matches. Unfortunately most matches are posted on zuckerberg Facebook.

March 25 will be a Lost Boys/PRS Regional Match near Diagonal, IA and May 29 will be a Lost Boys/PRS Regional Match at High Lakes Outdoor Alliance, near Afton, IA. Neither match are on the PRS website yet, I need to work on that. I help out with the MDing of them. Both are only about 2 hours from Omaha. We also have monthly PRS22 matches at HLOA, that have been attended by people in your area. Info can be also be found on Facebook: GE Precision, HLOA Rimfire Revolution Matches, and High Lakes Outdoor Alliance.

Thanks. I do not use FB or twitter so I will keep checking the PRS website. I’m hoping that events that are not PRS will post on the Hide.

Thanks. I do not use FB or twitter so I will keep checking the PRS website. I’m hoping that events that are not PRS will post on the Hide.
You will also want to make a practiscore account. That is the website most matches use for registration. You can also search for matches on the website also. They will have all the matches from pistol to archery to long range rifle etc, on this website so it’s not the most user friendly site to search but it can be done.

Putting on a three match series in southwest Nebraska. Calling it the Nebraska Sportsman's Series. It's an outlaw match. Sort of kind of a hunter match, with some elements of a CD match mixed in.
PM me if you're interested or have questions.
Register here:

Hi Newbie2020,
Sioux City here. I would love to see some sanction matches also. I am a member of https://www.hawkeyegunclub.com/ here in Sioux City. We have an indoor range and numerous outdoor ranges including rifle (out to 350yds.), pistol and shotgun. Various leagues going on throughout the year. Don't know if this would be something you would be interested in but wouldn't hurt to check out our website.
Great post. I hope something pops up.

It is members only. But if you are ever in the area, I could take you as a guest. The outdoor ranges are open year around weather permitting. the indoor range is also year around of course. I am with you on finding a match to go to within reason. Please let me know if you find one. I am not on fb either.