• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any .220 swifters out there????

MOOSEKNUCKLE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2009
Ohio
I just acquired a bunch of .220 swift ammo and was wondering if I should look into a rifle purchase or to just sell the ammo. I read they push over 400 fps.

Re: Any .220 swifters out there????

they can and will with the 40gr bullets. I had a couple of rems that were very accurate with 55gr ballistic tips. one would make clover leafs all day long. Recently, 2 months ago, I sold my ruger which for the money was probably the best one I had overall because I have not been prairie dogging in a long time and have to many 223's not to take them along when I do go again. I will miss it because it was a great gun. If you have the extra coin get one, if not sell the ammo. It is getting a premium right now.

If you are considering buying one you wont be sorry! I've had two of em and i love the swift!

But i did not buy them for prairie rats.I used mine for yotes.

Considering that all ammo is in short supply right now, and that 220 Swift is not a commonly stocked caliber, it might be worth some decent money to those that already own one. Do a little searching in GunBroker and you might be able to sell that ammo for enough cash to give you a good start on a rifle in a caliber that you really want.

TC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Top Cat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering that all ammo is in short supply right now, and that 220 Swift is not a commonly stocked caliber, it might be worth some decent money to those that already own one. Do a little searching in GunBroker and you might be able to sell that ammo for enough cash to give you a good start on a rifle in a caliber that you really want.

TC </div></div>
The shitty thing is that its all match reload ammo from new brass. The guy that reloaded it passed away. I have shot a lot of his .223 and it is some damn good ammo. I dont know if I can legally sell reloads. I think I have 275 rounds and a bunch of brass. He was super anal and everything in the reloading process was documented.