• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any 4x scope focusing to 10 m?

mefizto

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2014
Greetings all,

An air rifle unning target is shot with specialized 4x scopes, which are nearly impossible to acquire and are very expensive. Since I am not a competitor, I have though about using a regular 4x scope. Does a 4x scope that focuses down to 10 m exist? Alternatively, I have read that some scopes can be re-parallaxed to 10 m. Did anyone have done so?

Kindest regards,

M

Bushnell Engage 2.5-10x44

Vortex diamondback tactical comes close

6-24x goes down to 10 yards parallax

4-14x goes down to 20 yards parallax

Hi mmlook, E.Bryant,

thank you for your replies. I think that I did not emphasize that I need either a fixed scope or one which maximum magnification is 4x.

Kindest regards,

M

Hi mmlook, E.Bryant,

thank you for your replies. I think that I did not emphasize that I need either a fixed scope or one which maximum magnification is 4x.

Kindest regards,

M

Call Leupold and see if they can reset the parallax on one of their scopes that max at 4x to 10m (VX-R 1.25-4x20, Mark AR 1.5-4x20,
VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20, VX-Freedom Scout 1.5-4x28, FX-I 4x28, FX-II 4x28, FX-II 4x33). Midway has some on sale right now too.

I had Leupold reset parallax to 50 yards on a 2-7x Redfield Revolution for a 10/22...cost was $25 a few years ago and took a few weeks.

Last edited:
Greetings all,

An air rifle unning target is shot with specialized 4x scopes, which are nearly impossible to acquire and are very expensive. Since I am not a competitor, I have though about using a regular 4x scope. Does a 4x scope that focuses down to 10 m exist? Alternatively, I have read that some scopes can be re-parallaxed to 10 m. Did anyone have done so?

Kindest regards,

M

Ask the same question on airgunnation forum.

Aren't air guns really hard on scopes because of the double impulse? Would a regular scope hold up?

Aren't air guns really hard on scopes because of the double impulse? Would a regular scope hold up?

Springer and gas-ram airguns are definitely harder on scopes, but most modern quality riflescopes from top manufacturers (the kind generally talked about on Snipershide) should generally be fine on them. Plenty of guys use Leupold scopes on their springers.

Hi steve123, rcmigpilot, Cotay,

thank you for the replies. I apologize for not specifying a PCP (thus no double recoil) air rifle. I will also move the scope to rimfire from time to time.

Kindest regards,

M

Hawke Vantage 4x32AO focuses down to 9 meters and is very inexpensive.

Hi-Lux XTC 1-4x34AO scope also focuses pretty close and while more expensive is quite a bit nicer. I think it focuses down to 14 meters or something like that.

ILya

Reactions: Cotay
I adjusted the objective side of an old bushnell hunting scope to paralax it down to the range I would use to hunt in the woods. There is a spacer ring you need to remove in order to screw the objective in further. Don't take the objective off as it will purge the gas inside. Pretty soft aluminum so it cant be taken off easily enough without damaging the scope.

Spasibo Ilja.

mattc51,

thank you, I have found a thread on rimfirecentral web-site how to do it. So now I am looking at the different 4x scopes.

Kindest regards,

M