• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Any 7 Saum Experts in the Room? New Rifle

Rangermi

Private
Minuteman
My new 7saum is about complete and now building a load for hunting deer and elk. I am not new to reloading, hunting, or long range shooting however this is a new cartridge for me and I am planning to take this rifle Elk and Mule deer hunting in October. I built the rifle with the Berger 175s in mind, I have 180 ELD-m as well and open to going the 166 A-tip or ELD-x route as well.

I would really appreciate some expert advice on building a load and the bullet of choice for my application. My build and available reloading components are listed below.

Gunwerks ClymR stock with AICS bottom metal with 2.950' OAL
Mack Brothers Action
22" Bartlein 5r 1:8 twist cut to SAMMI spec
Timney HIT trigger set at 1#
20MOA rail topped with either a NIghtforce NX8 4-32 or Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25
Silncerco Hybrid

I have the following powder on hand: H1000, H4350, VV N165, VV N570, IMR 7828ssc, Superformance, RL25

Primers I have are Fed Match 210s and 215s and CCI 250s

200 pieces of Norma brass

Last edited: