• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any 7mm Rem Mag 26" Douglas Barrel experience with bullet jump or not?

Grim's Reapers

Operator
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2024
South Florida
Does anyone have experience with 7mm Rem Mag 26" Douglas barrel? I was curious if anyone has figured if they like to eat the bullet jumped or against the lands. Its Chrome Moly in a 1:8 twist, Little Bastard muzzle brake.

Using Winchester brass, CCI 250 primer, 70.2gr H1000, Hornady 180gr ELD Match.

Thanks in advance

Only you are gonna determine what your barrel likes. I've found ELDMs like a .005-.030 jump depending on barrel.

Only you are gonna determine what your barrel likes. I've found ELDMs like a .005-.030 jump depending on barrel.
I sort of already knew the answer. Being lazy seldom gets results. LOL I appreciate the response. I usually run 162gr through it but wanted to get my accuracy up out at 1000yds in wind, so there's another full day at the range with the 180's. Florida frequently gets pretty damned windy out in the sticks. Was just curious about a starting point and you gave me one. TY

Reactions: FredHammer
Each development I find the lands, load on the lands and back it off .010-.050 if needed while measuring primer pocket growth from virgin state. First go with 215 Hybrids with the 300WM. Pockets grew .0005 with the CBTO 3.850 and on the lands at 3.880. Then .5gr increase showed promise and 2SD. Next run will be 78.5gr and 3.870. Thinking the 3.870 and 78.5gr will be the ticket. This is how I go about it.
IMG_2577.jpeg

Each development I find the lands, load on the lands and back it off .010-.050 if needed while measuring primer pocket growth from virgin state. First go with 215 Hybrids with the 300WM. Pockets grew .0005 with the CBTO 3.850 and on the lands at 3.880. Then .5gr increase showed promise and 2SD. Next run will be 78.5gr and 3.870. Thinking the 3.870 and 78.5gr will be the ticket. This is how I go about it.
View attachment 8331505
That's pretty impressive sir. Your method makes complete sense. I've been loading 22-250 for 20 years. Many a coyote and ground hog paid the price when I lived in Kentucky. LOL But I am not super familiar yet with my new 7mm Rem Mag rig. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. TY very much sir.

Get some Peterson 7mm mag "Long" brass. Only stretches a few thou from virgin to fired state. Increased case life and same charge weights between virgin and fired brass. Have fun!

Get some Peterson 7mm mag "Long" brass. Only stretches a few thou from virgin to fired state. Increased case life and same charge weights between virgin and fired brass. Have fun!
Oddly enough, I just got 100 of the Peterson brass from Bayou Brothers. Man that stuff wasn't cheap. When I researched it people were divided about it like everything else I suppose. Anyway, I do have it in hand along with a boat load of Winchester stuff. I'll have to measure the primer pockets, stretch and such after firing to compare the two and formulate my own conclusions.