• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any adrenaline junkies out there?

Guns&WhiteWater

Shall not be infringed
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Tellico Plains, TN
Saw some folks launching off the local mountain on Sunday with hang gliders, got inspired, purchased two training package lessons for me and my wife that start with ground schooling and ends with four solo flights each off the same spot on the mountain. What do you guys do for kicks when your not shooting?

Lookout Mtn ramp.jpg

Reactions: MCHOG
That looks awesome! Total junkie but unfortunately it’s beat me up. I picked the two roughest sports on earth, spent 30 years playing ice hockey and raced bmx from 5-13 then got serious on a dirtbikes and in my early twenties started road racing. Raced 600 and 750 bikes for about 15 years. Thankful I was on a racetrack to get my adrenaline burned up otherwise I may have been one of the idiots doing it on the street and hockey was always good for getting out some aggravation. Biggest adrenaline rush for me these days is just getting on my mountain or road bike. Love bombing the downhill on my hard tail! I am super thankful for my dad getting me serious on two wheels at such a young age I’ve been able to enjoy it my entire life so far!

That looks awesome! Total junkie but unfortunately it’s beat me up. I picked the two roughest sports on earth, spent 30 years playing ice hockey and raced bmx from 5-13 then got serious on a dirtbikes and in my early twenties started road racing. Raced 600 and 750 bikes for about 15 years. Thankful I was on a racetrack to get my adrenaline burned up otherwise I may have been one of the idiots doing it on the street and hockey was always good for getting out some aggravation. Biggest adrenaline rush for me these days is just getting on my mountain or road bike. Love bombing the downhill on my hard tail! I am super thankful for my dad getting me serious on two wheels at such a young age I’ve been able to enjoy it my entire life so far!

I hear ya about paying the price. I've had two shoulder dislocations on each shoulder, followed by surgery on each shoulder from paddling, and a broken leg and an ankle that spun backwards followed by a tough foot surgery from mountain biking. Glad I never got into motocross, I probably wouldn't be around to enjoy the safe sport of shooting. You dirt bike guys are nuts!

Ya all my bad injuries are from motocross/gravity. Something about being up in the air at speed and hitting the ground really does a number on the body lol. Don’t think about that on your upcoming adventure though :ROFLMAO: Super lucky never had any bad injuries below the waste just basic sprains and a grade 1 mcl tear that wasn’t that bad so nothing much worse. I’m also in the two shoulder surgery club from dislocations. The countless separations aren’t helping either but those started piling up young on the pedal bike. Concussion symptoms are messing with me a little these days and I’m hoping they don’t get worse but I loved every minute of it, thank god for Arai helmets or I may be dead or vegged out. Some of the best friends I have are hockey teammates and people in the pits both sports are littered with quality people. My buddies say I should take up golf so I can do it when I’m older and my response is always I’ll be on the shooting range while you jokers are on the driving range!

Am I the only one that saw the picture of the jump platform and wondered how they poured that slab?

Reactions: R-B
It’s not a huge adrenaline rush but I enjoy scuba diving. Can be a rush if the seas are high or the occasional shark shows up

Surfing and rock climbing are my two main pursuits outside of the shooting range. Tying into the sharp end of the rope and running it out on your limits most certainly get's your heart rate and adrenaline pumped!

Learning to surf is on my bucket list. Wing land locked the closest I get is paddle boarding

I hope you can get there! There’s a pretty steep learning curve at first. Trying to find your center of gravity on a moving force you have no control over is hard at first. But......if you stick with it long enough and you catch “that wave,” you will be hooked for the rest of your life! It’s not the first wave you stand up on or the 5th time you flail trying to find your balance, but eventually you’ll be in the right spot and actually surf. It feels like your being kissed by God! 20 years later....and I’m still chasing that feeling.

Reactions: Simonsza1
I’ve been skydiving three times (all tandem, unfortunately), hang gliding once, ride sportbikes regularly (never been able to justify putting a bike on the track with all the money I put towards shooting), scuba dive (haven’t been in awhile, though), and fly helicopters as often as possible for work (instructing’s a tough gig right now). Eventually, I’ll track a bike, and get licensed for both skydiving and hang gliding (plus my fixed-wing add-on).

So yeah, kind of an adrenaline junky.😋

Am I the only one that saw the picture of the jump platform and wondered how they poured that slab?
Its not precast....My guess is they used a helicopter, if there is a road to the top than it was pumped.

Saw some folks launching off the local mountain on Sunday with hang gliders, got inspired, purchased two training package lessons for me and my wife that start with ground schooling and ends with four solo flights each off the same spot on the mountain. What do you guys do for kicks when your not shooting?

View attachment 7353995

I grew up in the shadow of Lookout Mountain. It’s been a long time since I have been there, good to see home...