• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any advice on Rem-age barrel swap

Re: Any advice on Rem-age barrel swap

Ive got an off the shelf 700 in 7mm rem.mag. i want to get a heavier barrel for but also have the option of easy caliber change too.

I have chosen to run with a remage system. Bought a mcree stock, stiller action, and a rem-age barrel made by criterion which is kriegers button rifled division through northland shooters supply in 6xc. I also got from northland the action wrench and barrel nut and barrel nut wrench. I bought go and no go gauges from pacific tool and gauge. I plan on buying a table vise to aid in the install. Im going to krylon the barrel black. I will be building this rifle with zero gunsmithing costs. Only part im still waiting for in the mail is the barrel... Cant wait!

Check out this video on youtube for the simple barrel swap procedure.

http://m.youtube.com/?appcache_off=...ED_ERR: DOM Exception 22#/watch?v=UPlFtskCwng

I bought a Stiller Predator Long Action (Rem 700 clone) and now have 4 CBI barrels for it. They shoot great. The Stiller action is in spec and requires no "truing", and the recoil lug is pinned. Just need a go gauge for each caliber and you are done in a few minutes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a Stiller Predator Long Action (Rem 700 clone) and now have 4 CBI barrels for it. They shoot great. The Stiller action is in spec and requires no "truing", and the recoil lug is pinned. Just need a go gauge for each caliber and you are done in a few minutes. </div></div>
Glad to hear it dieselten. Are your barrels in different calibers? When you swap them, do you get point of impact changes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: southpaw357</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a Stiller Predator Long Action (Rem 700 clone) and now have 4 CBI barrels for it. They shoot great. The Stiller action is in spec and requires no "truing", and the recoil lug is pinned. Just need a go gauge for each caliber and you are done in a few minutes. </div></div>
Glad to hear it dieselten. Are your barrels in different calibers? When you swap them, do you get point of impact changes? </div></div>

Yes there are POI changes. I don't use it as a quick change, I just change calibers as desired then re zero. 6.5_284, 6.5x55, 6.5 Creedmoor. These are all for target shooting, bull barrells.

Good to hear guys. I've been thinking about it for some time now, and just can't make up my mind. I like how easy they are to change, but was concerned on how hard the initial setup is on a bare 700 action. Decisions; decisions.

I built one up on a 1-7.223 Pac Nor Rem nut barrel. it shoots great and was easy to put together. The hardest part was getting the stock Remington barrlel removed ( and even that was not very difficult, you just need a really good barrel vise!). I did have to relieve the HS Precision stock for the Barrel nut. The barrel nut on the Pac Nor is much better looking than your standard savage barrel nut,and it still uses a Savage barrel nut wrench but looks much better.