• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any AR15 Owners Using The AR Gold Trigger?

IronMaidenFan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Please share your impressions of the AR Gold trigger from American Trigger Corp. I'm considering dropping one into my KAC SR-15.

Thanks!

ARGOLD-fullsize.jpg

Re: Any AR15 Owners Using The AR Gold Trigger?

there may be equal triggers to the Gold, but none are better in my opinion---best 3 gun trigger avail

FWW i am enamored with Giess., Wilson, and AR GOLD---each for a specific purpose!

I would if they didn't actually paint the damn things gold.

Wow really, gold? That would be cool if it was NP3 instead. I guess it depends on the look you are trying to go for. Are you considering the gold trigger for aesthetics or functionality?

I have two of the SR Gold (for large-frame ARs) triggers and they are excellent. I have also handled the AR Gold in a friend's AR-15 and it was every bit as impressive as mine are. You can't go wrong with this trigger. If the gold look is off-putting, you can easily mask it off and paint it whatever color you like.

I have a gold in one of my AR's I do like the trigger and the reset is as short as I have used. My trigger has a little creep in it that I dont like. If they were not as much as they are, I would by another one. I switched my trigger out of my 3 gun rifle and went with a Geiselle trigger, or however it is spelled.

I have two currently as well a Timney 3 lb. I have tried many different AR triggers. If you like two stage triggers it does not get much easier then dropping on of the AR gold triggers in. I would recomend it.

Tom....when you say yours has creep....you do know they are two stage triggers, right? And that if it did have creep you would feel it in the second stage.

Take care,Stan

I messed up and bought a AR Gold trigger for a custom long range AR I was building. I seriously dont think I will ever buy another trigger besides the AR Gold again. I have mine set at 2# and it feels amazing.

My AR Gold trigger arrived yesterday and 30 minutes later I was off to the range. On my KAC SR-15 I had to take down a little bit off the flat side of the safety selector to make the rigger engage.

I love this thing. I did not fiddle with the factory settings. The pull is just over 3 lbs and it breaks like glass. My impressions are identical to the previous posters. I am very pleased with this purchase.

Awesome trigger----now if they would just make a flat trigger version it would be perfect!

the pistol champion Jerry Miculek uses those esclusively so they must be good.

Been running one for several years (got mine from 1st batch). Thousand of rounds using it and it only gets better. Only drawback is the damn gold colored trigger (I hate bling)

I'm with you guys on the gold color, I could do with out it. Its just such a damn good trigger, I am able to overlook it. When you get one of these, its nice, when you adjust it romance is born.

Not a fan of the gold color. Needs to be black.

0_21_062007_Golden_Gun.jpg

I had an adjustable trigger once and the set screws moved around after a few months, making the rifle operate in a manner that would not be approved by certain people. I don't like that. Would prefer it just be great right out of the box and I don't feel Locktite is a good idea for such critical and sensitive components.

I also prefer flat trigger like the Geisselle SD-E.

If gold triggers would just make a non-adjustable model with a black, flat face trigger, I'd certainly consider one at that point. Their design geometry seems to be quite an improvement based on what owners say about them.