• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Berretta shotgun gurus out there?

SmokeRolls

Nobody important
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
Can't find a place for shotgun questions, so I'll try it here.
My buddy has a nice over-under 12 gauge Beretta bought in Italy when he was over seas.
It has typical hunting marks but is in nice shape. The barrels look sweet.
It has a vented rib and does not have removable chokes.
The markings are: P Berreta
It was made in Gardone V.T.
The barrel is marked "High strength Chromium Molybdium Steel-SS- "
I do not see any import marks.
I'll get pics up.
Just curious what he has and whats the curent value.
Thanks......SmokeRolls
July312011028.jpg

July312011020.jpg

July312011027-1.jpg

July312011022.jpg

July312011021.jpg

July312011026.jpg

July312011024.jpg

July312011029.jpg

Re: Any Berretta shotgun gurus out there?

You have to start with the model. Beretta makes everything from inexpensive field grades to very high end special order guns costing tens of thousands, and signed by master engravers. But you have to know the model. Judging from the plain wood and laser engraving, this will be one of the lower end guns. Not saying its crap so no offense intended. From there, you consider condition. Looks to be in good condition.

Keep in mind that an inexpensive Beretta will still cost around $1,500 or so. Pre 1964 models, even field grade guns were handmade and are worth more now than new, such as the ASEL models. The Specials (S models), and Special order models, (SO models) always were and still are handmade and are fine investments. The modern field grades like the one likely pictured depreciate after purchase.

I've got two Silver Snipes and its not one of those. Looks like it might possibly be the one they called a Silver Hawk or something similar to that.

You may get more responses by moving this thread to somewhere other than Bolt Action Rifles.

The shotgun is a Model S56 E made 1956-1967. Blue book value is $800. in 100 % condition. If it was a 20 ga it would command about $250. more.

It would not have import marks if bought in Italy.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may get more responses by moving this thread to somewhere other than Bolt Action Rifles.</div></div>
I posted this in the hunting section and got maybe one response and since we dont have a catagory specifically for shotguns, I had to pick something else to gain some insight.....It worked<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would not have import marks if bought in Italy.
Bob</div></div>
I know. I just wanted to let people know that it was not an import. Sorry if I wasn't clear....
Wording / grammer isn't my strong suit, neither is spelling.
Laugh!
Thanks for the info guys...
This atleast gives me some info to go on...
I will post it in the for sale section for $625 shipped.
Thanks again.....SmokeRolls