• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any body use a Phantom .308 Comp/Flash Suppressor?

rifleman0321

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2004
midwest/USA
I am looking into options for the flash suppressor on my MWS, and saw this. I am interested more in the flash suppression than the recoil damping, but less recoil never hurts, either, and I was wondering if anybody else was using one of these. The two reviews I could find said it did a great job of hiding flash, but one user has it on a 6.5 grendel, the other on a 300 Fireball. No mention of barrel length. I am thinking a good flash suppressor is a must on a 16" .308.

Re: Any body use a Phantom .308 Comp/Flash Suppressor?

If flash suppresion is what you want the Smith Vortex will do it. I have one for my MWS and have them or had them on 6 308 rifles. little to no flash even with the NV. Ranier arms has one of their own brand that does both really well but I dont know if they have it in 308.

Re: Any body use a Phantom .308 Comp/Flash Suppressor?

I have a PWS FSC30 on my 16" AR10 .308 that I like a lot. Very effective at both flash suppression and recoil reduction.