• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Chance of a .375 cal 350 to 380 gr A-Max

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
I wonder if there will ever be a possibility Hornady would make this projectile, for what its worth I wrote to them and requested it.......maybe if more write to them it might occur ?

Re: Any Chance of a .375 cal 350 to 380 gr A-Max

Probably more than you might think. I know there is alot of 350smk followers that might want to try out a 380 amax
smile.gif

Well what every .375 owner and those who see one in there future write to Hornady at least and lets sow the seed !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably more than you might think. I know there is alot of 350smk followers that might want to try out a 380 amax
smile.gif
</div></div>

I do not know a single 375 shooters that prefers that jacketed projo! The ones that do shoot it typically do so just from a financial standpoint or they do not shoot far enough to see the benefit of the solids.

I have never understood people building such weapon system then automatically handicapping themselves due to wanting a cheaper projo or utilizing it at distances that are easily obtained with lighter smaller systems.

I just feel the AMax would perform better on game than a monometal pill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The accubonds are pretty damn good on game fwiw.

Thanks</div></div>

Yeh and thats what I will use for the purpose I have in mind..................a 375 gr A-Max with no cannelure would be nice though !!

They wouldn't even shoot out of the Viersco Mag, too much speed and spin for the jacketed projectile. What game would you possibly constitute shooting at 1800+?

A 375 max would be awesome! I know I'd be ditching the SMKs and converting!

Hi Later,

The only problem I have with the solids is I can't tell where on the steel I hit most of the time because the mark on the steel is so small.So I don't know which direction to correct my hold.I can see the splats at 2000Y pretty easily with my 30 cal and 240 SMK's.I just got some .375 370gr Rocky Mountains to try.They should leave a huge splat.Hopefully they work well at 2000+ yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have any of you tested the 370 grn RM bullet?

Cheers,

Master Diver</div></div>

They would be too expensive by the time you got them to Australia. Hornady have economys of scale and it would be priced well, the A-Max bullet would be perfect for feral animals here.

Do you actually worry about the price of the bullets for your ELR hunting and training?
shocked.gif

I think GSC will come out with HV bullet in due time.

Cheers,

Master Diver

If Hornady can make a .416 cal match grade bullet for the 416 Barrett , then they sure can make a .375 match bullet , I would want it at 400grs + in weight & a nice VLD design , I think the market would be much bigger than the 416 Barrett , and bigger than most people would have you believe .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably more than you might think. I know there is alot of 350smk followers that might want to try out a 380 amax
smile.gif
</div></div>

I do not know a single 375 shooters that prefers that jacketed projo! The ones that do shoot it typically do so just from a financial standpoint or they do not shoot far enough to see the benefit of the solids.

I have never understood people building such weapon system then automatically handicapping themselves due to wanting a cheaper projo or utilizing it at distances that are easily obtained with lighter smaller systems.

</div></div>

I want to do it because I would like to own such weapon and shoot it out to 2000 and still be economical. I dont care if I can hit a sheep at 2000, I am just wanting to hit a 1 moa target at any distance.

Hornady wrote back to me (probably standard response) that they will discuss it at the next "product meeting"

If anyone else wants one I would write to Hornady, see if this might gain some momentum and possibly happen.

I would not want 400gr it needs to work in the majority of barrels out the lawton 1-11.5's and Kreiger 1-10's is my thinking, not just gain twist etc.

I think theyd sell quite a few if tehy manufactured them........

I know I would probably buy 1k of them almost instantly lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know I would probably buy 1k of them almost instantly lol. </div></div>

Hope youve written to Hornady
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They wouldn't even shoot out of the Viersco Mag, too much speed and spin for the jacketed projectile. What game would you possibly constitute shooting at 1800+? </div></div>

I havent shot them in my Viersco Mag yet. George sent me a whole array of new bullets for testing. They all have thicker jackets for high speeds. Data will posted when finished.

Only the original 370gn bullets had the lighter jackets and would not hold up to high speeds, Geo fixed these several years ago.

Dave