• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any chance we could get a sticky thread on the Bergara B-14R?

Took mine out for the first time today. I wasn't able to produce the nice one hole groups that many of you have posted, but I know the problem is me, not the rifle. I'm looking forward to improvement on my next outing.

B14-R.jpg

I sure do enjoy shooting mine!!! It's going through some changes right now.

What all do you have going on there?

How tall are you? I'm trying to decide if I need to remove some of the spacers. Never had this level of adjustment before.

What all do you have going on there?

How tall are you? I'm trying to decide if I need to remove some of the spacers. Never had this level of adjustment before.

I am 6'1". I have 1 spacer removed. Bipod was just for props on the bench. I was prone on the deck with rear bag. I run Wiebad Mini Fortune Cookie in the back. I have lots of different Wiebad Bags.

Reactions: ~JM~
Mine is still waiting on a Vortex Strike Eagle from Liberty Optics bought on Black Friday. I believe there is a back order on those so I will continue to patiently wait but I would love to see a sticky thread on the Bergara B-14R.

Got the B14R carbon and the parts I ordered to complete the build are showing up. Can’t wait to try this out. Getting assorted 22LR Ammo brands to try.

A Bergara B14R sticky would be very nice. There are still a lot to learn about this rifle.

Does the barreled action come complete with the bolt? Photos and description from many major retailers do not specify nor is it pictured.

Well I get her back and all put together last night.
TT Diamond Single Stage
Area 419 14” Kit from A&J Sports
Burris RT25, LaRue 20 MOA & Warne Rings

Did you paint the stock yourself? If so, what did you use?

What benefits does the bipod forward mount provide?

Mine is still waiting on a Vortex Strike Eagle from Liberty Optics bought on Black Friday. I believe there is a back order on those so I will continue to patiently wait but I would love to see a sticky thread on the Bergara B-14R.

I'm also considering the Strike Eagle for my B-14R. I should get my barreled action out of "jail" today or tomorrow. Its at the LGS waiting on the Background check to clear. They said its been taking 2-3 days to come back. Anyway, I'd love to to hear a range report and first impressions on how well the strike eagle works with the B-14. I'm also considering the PST gen II as well.

What model SE are you getting?

Got the B14R carbon and the parts I ordered to complete the build are showing up. Can’t wait to try this out. Getting assorted 22LR Ammo brands to try.

A Bergara B14R sticky would be very nice. There are still a lot to learn about this rifle.

I just got the regular steel barreled action and am also waiting on parts to complete the build. I've got everything now except the bipod, dedicated scope and the suppressor. It's going to go into a McMillian stock that I have a .308 sitting in atm and not being used. I'm also going to either borrow a Vortex 5-20x Razor or a 5-25x Steiner Military from other rifles to test out while I decide on what optics I want to use permanently. I'm tempted to use the 5-20 Razor and then get the 4.5-27 gen 2 Razor to replace it on one of my match rifles. I also just picked up a Dead Air Mask at a LGS just yesterday for a pretty smoking price. But now the Form 4 waiting game begins.

I've also been stockpiling up on an assortment of .22 match ammo as I can find it to see what the rifle likes. I'm so looking forward to getting into this new discipline. Unfortunately it will likely be another rabbit hole to throw my wallet down into. :whistle:

I'm also considering the Strike Eagle for my B-14R. I should get my barreled action out of "jail" today or tomorrow. Its at the LGS waiting on the Background check to clear. They said its been taking 2-3 days to come back. Anyway, I'd love to to hear a range report and first impressions on how well the strike eagle works with the B-14. I'm also considering the PST gen II as well.

What model SE are you getting?

I got the 5-25x56 MRAD EBR-7C MRAD. There were lots of MOA scopes available but I had to put a order in for the MRAD so hence the wait. Let me know what you get. I am not sure how the wait is going to be for the MRAD but liberty optics is who I went with. They gave me a great price on it and they are great to work with as are many other vendors here on the hide.

I ordered A b-14R yesterday from grabagun , found a strike eagle with the EBR -7c reticle in stock at Brownells picked up some vortex precision rings and an EGW 20 moa base . I also ordered 2 spare magazines from Bergara yesterday . now the checking my e-mail for shipping up dates start .

Did you paint the stock yourself? If so, what did you use?

What benefits does the bipod forward mount provide?
A local cerakote shop did it for me.

I find it a little more stable the further out I can get the bipod. Area 419 14” ARCA Kit from A&J Sports

Reactions: potshots and ~JM~
B14-R Carbon, Seekins 20* mount, Seekins 34mm rings, Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56, ebay brake, Rustoleum paint(sea sponges), TT Special should be installed today. She shoots very well, hoping the TT Special helps.

Reactions: Defender32
Got mine out for the first time today. It's a shooter.

IMG_7801.JPG

IMG_7814.JPG
IMG_7819.JPG

This ^ was cheapo Federal Champion value pack @50 yds

IMG_7820.JPG

This ^^ was Federal Gold Medal @50yds

It also seems to shoot well with Aguila 40gr Super Extra Standard as well.

A small package just arrived while I was at the range this am with some Eley Tenex and some Polar Biathlon to try. I've got Center-X and some SK showing up early next week.

I'm pretty happy with the B-14 so far with the only issue is reliable feeding out of the mag. The mag doesn't fit tight in the mag well of the McMillian stock and gravity pulls is down just enough that the round it hanging on the feed ramp as I run the bolt forward. If I push up on the mag from below, it solves the problem. But as soon as I let go, the next round jams on the ramp. Hopefully, it's just needs getting worn in. Anyone experience this issue?

Got mine out for the first time today. It's a shooter.

View attachment 7529031

View attachment 7529032View attachment 7529033
This ^ was cheapo Federal Champion value pack @50 yds

View attachment 7529034
This ^^ was Federal Gold Medal @50yds

It also seems to shoot well with Aguila 40gr Super Extra Standard as well.

A small package just arrived while I was at the range this am with some Eley Tenex and some Polar Biathlon to try. I've got Center-X and some SK showing up early next week.

I'm pretty happy with the B-14 so far with the only issue is reliable feeding out of the mag. The mag doesn't fit tight in the mag well of the McMillian stock and gravity pulls is down just enough that the round it hanging on the feed ramp as I run the bolt forward. If I push up on the mag from below, it solves the problem. But as soon as I let go, the next round jams on the ramp. Hopefully, it's just needs getting worn in. Anyone experience this issue?
Mine does that in my KRG X-Ray chassis, i just noticed the last time i shot that it only happens when I run the bolt fast, if I do it slow and consistent it runs fine, may be different for yours but thats what seems to work for me. Congrats on the new build

I ordered A b-14R yesterday from grabagun , found a strike eagle with the EBR -7c reticle in stock at Brownells picked up some vortex precision rings and an EGW 20 moa base . I also ordered 2 spare magazines from Bergara yesterday . now the checking my e-mail for shipping up dates start .
What height rings did you order? I will be getting my rifle next week.

Yeah, I asked the same thing about a sticky on December 26, 2020......crickets, just fuckin, crickets.

I have a similar mag fit issue with my KRG Bravo. The mag just has enough play in it to cause the feeding issues. I recently found a link to fixing the problem by removing the barreled action and adjusting the screw behind the mag well. Hopefully there is a fix with that McMillan.

I have a similar mag fit issue with my KRG Bravo. The mag just has enough play in it to cause the feeding issues. I recently found a link to fixing the problem by removing the barreled action and adjusting the screw behind the mag well. Hopefully there is a fix with that McMillan.
That's a great idea. I'll pull it today and see if there is some way to adjust it. Thanks!

What make/model glass are you guys running on your .22 sticks? I'm trying to decide on what to use as a permanent solution for NRL22 comps as well as PRS "training". The Schmitty that's on the gun now is obviously huge overkill. And it's already dedicated to a new PRS gas gun I'm building as soon as the upper receiver finally arrives from JP.

I'm thinking about a Vortex PST Gen II 5-25x for the Bergara. I had a Gen I PST many years ago and sold it after 6 months because the optical quality was very meh. But given I'm not going to use it ever much beyond 3-500 yds, I don't see the need for a super high end glass. I'm interested in what you guys are running on yours.

What make/model glass are you guys running on your .22 sticks? I'm trying to decide on what to use as a permanent solution for NRL22 comps as well as PRS "training". The Schmitty that's on the gun now is obviously huge overkill. And it's already dedicated to a new PRS gas gun I'm building as soon as the upper receiver finally arrives from JP.

I'm thinking about a Vortex PST Gen II 5-25x for the Bergara. I had a Gen I PST many years ago and sold it after 6 months because the optical quality was very meh. But given I'm not going to use it ever much beyond 3-500 yds, I don't see the need for a super high end glass. I'm interested in what you guys are running on yours.
I run a Nightforce SHV 5-20x56, have an ATACR on my creedmoor so i like matching the reticle for my “trainer”

I think you'll find that on the 22 competition level, you'll need every advantage you can get. Basically the same demands as your centerfire optic.
I'm running a Cronos BTR gen 2 on mine and bought a PST gen 2 for my son.

I am running the Burris RT25 5-25/56. I first had the RT15 3-15/50 on it. It was ok, but when I went out beyond 200 it was hard to judge smaller 3” targets. I was able to make hits out to 300 with the 3-15.

I think you'll find that on the 22 competition level, you'll need every advantage you can get. Basically the same demands as your centerfire optic.
I'm running a Cronos BTR gen 2 on mine and bought a PST gen 2 for my son.
What's your impression of the PST Gen II? I had a Gen I PST 6-24 many years ago, but sold it not long after I got it as the glass quality was very average. I've heard the Gen II's are much better, but interested your opinion of it for the 22NRL game. TIA.

What's your impression of the PST Gen II? I had a Gen I PST 6-24 many years ago, but sold it not long after I got it as the glass quality was very average. I've heard the Gen II's are much better, but interested your opinion of it for the 22NRL game. TIA.
Its really a great scope. Great glass, turrets, reticle, and zero stop. Much improved from the gen 1 so don't think you'll be getting that scope with the new gen. Lots of people love them and I understand why. I just took mine out to 200 yards right out of the box with my Bergara and R50 and had no trouble hitting small steel. Tracks spot on.

Its really a great scope. Great glass, turrets, reticle, and zero stop. Much improved from the gen 1 so don't think you'll be getting that scope with the new gen. Lots of people love them and I understand why. I just took mine out to 200 yards right out of the box with my Bergara and R50 and had no trouble hitting small steel. Tracks spot on.
Cool, thanks!

Any of you guys shot Norma Match out of these yet?

Any of you guys shot Norma Match out of these yet?
I have not been able to find anything other than SK. I picked a couple of boxes of Eley and Lapua off of other shooters to try and have not been able to yet. SK Rifle Match and Standard shoot to go to try and hunt anything else down to spend more money on.

Reactions: ReaperDriver
Hi, any chance you could share that link before I pull the stock off looking for the screw?

I have not been able to find anything other than SK. I picked a couple of boxes of Eley and Lapua off of other shooters to try and have not been able to yet. SK Rifle Match and Standard shoot to go to try and hunt anything else down to spend more money on.
I've had decent luck just searching around all the ammo sources in the "Where to get ammo" thread. I've found Center-X and got 1000 rnds on backorder that should ship out by the end of the month. I also just got a delivery this week of 500 rnds of Wolf Match and 2 boxes each of Eley Tenex and Polar Biathlon to try out. So far, my Bergara really likes the Polar Bi with Tenex being a close 2nd. It did not shoot the wolf match well, so this may end up just being plinking ammo. Or maybe I'll sell the other 450 to someone who needs it instead.

Reactions: Defender32
Hi, any chance you could share that link before I pull the stock off looking for the screw?

Thanks! To fix the mag sitting too low, , I just added a couple of strips of clear tape over the little lip on the back of the mag where it engages the mag release catch to add some thickness and it now works flawlessly. It's kinda ghetto, but it works great now.

Here's a late range report. My shooting partner and I got out to do a quick test this am with the new B-14R and various ammo. Overall impression are I really like the rifle. It shoots well when I do my part. I just swapped the trigger out for a jewel set to about 7-8oz, so hoping that tightens up these groups a bit. The stock trigger is not bad. But I like a bit lighter pull.

IMG_7890.JPG

As you would expect, Lapua polar Biathlon and Eley Tenex shoots lights out. Wolf Match did not, which was disappointing. On the cheap ammo side - the Federal Champion value pack and Aguila Standard velocity also shot better than expected. My brick of Center-X hasn't arrived yet, so hoping that also shoots well. All were 5-shot groups except for the Aguila Std at bottom left.

Here's a late range report. My shooting partner and I got out to do a quick test this am with the new B-14R and various ammo. Overall impression are I really like the rifle. It shoots well when I do my part. I just swapped the trigger out for a jewel set to about 7-8oz, so hoping that tightens up these groups a bit. The stock trigger is not bad. But I like a bit lighter pull.

View attachment 7534197

As you would expect, Lapua polar Biathlon and Eley Tenex shoots lights out. Wolf Match did not, which was disappointing. On the cheap ammo side - the Federal Champion value pack and Aguila Standard velocity also shot better than expected. My brick of Center-X hasn't arrived yet, so hoping that also shoots well. All were 5-shot groups except for the Aguila Std at bottom left.
At what range distance did you use?