• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any CNC Machinists that use Soildworks here?

Maxwell

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2003
Somewhere, New Jersey
In about forty or so months I will be retiring after twenty five years of grunting code as a programmer. I'm not the kind who can sit still so it will be back to school to learn a new trade. There is so much I would like to learn. However, after watching a demo of Solidworks, I thought I have to learn how to become proficient with that application. Is there anyone here that uses Solidworks and could answer my questions?

Maxwell

Re: Any CNC Machinists that use Soildworks here?

Was for 6 years (laid off) while getting my Mech-Eng degree. Most places around here seem to run a combo of Pro/E and Pro/NC and the like. I would suspect there are shops that run Solidworks but I don't know...

Previous employer used Camworks in conjunction with Solidworks. I was not involved in the manufacturing side only in the mechanical design/analysis.

I run it here.. PM me for questions
smile.gif

I am a certified Solidworks professional (being able to write that on here is the first time I have had any use for the title). I would be glad to answer questions.

We are a jobshop.
We get many different formats that we work with.
Any kind of model or cad is better than a paper drawing.
Just because somebody can design something, doesn't mean they can make it.

Maxwell,
If you want to do this as a retirement hobby, check out Alibre.
Programs, and maintanace are cheaper.
Full Solidworks maint is more.
Also will need cam to go with it.

Always wanted to hear from a programmers point of view.