• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Any comments. Special Forces: World's Toughest Test

Quarter Horse

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2010
    Carlton, OR
    There are plenty of people here who have gone through selection processes that are "at arms oriented". Military, LEO, alphabet or anything I'm leaving out, I would be interested in your opinions.

An observation on my part. The physical problems of balance, heights, falling, drowning, etc. were well constructed and high-lighted common fears. On the other hand, the constant presence of "rescue personnel" obviated the fear of death. Attendant to this is the physical duress of these exercises did not remotely the physicality and endurance of anyone hoping to succeed in most selection processes.

Lastly, the interrogation segment, which ended up the last and definitive segment, was a joke compared to what would actually happen in my experience.

Your thoughts?

Reality TV contrived shows how’s have nothing to do with reality.

Last I checked, there is no “practice drowning in a Land Rover 110 dropped from a crane into. Pool” exercise in the Q course. But maybe someone here can chip in on land-rover Defender dipping?

Only thing I ever saw on TV that came close to documenting selections was the Discovery series on BUD/S from the late 1990’s and one the NZ SAS did a few years ago.

And this movie was entertaining. The interrogation section was worth watching.

The book CQB by Mike Curtis is also good read on selection. And, of course, Eric Haney’s book.

C. Q. B: Close Quarter Battle https://a.co/d/3YlQxGd

Hollywood reality shows… well… there ya go.

At one point the Agency had a confidence course run in the old Nevada test site. Got glowing reviews.

Sirhr

One of my mentors in the Army saw the tape mentioned below.

His message was simple. Don't get captured. Period.

Major General Carl Stiner stated that "Buckley's kidnapping had become a major CIA concern. Not long after his capture, his agents either vanished or were killed. It was clear that his captors had tortured him into revealing the network of agents he had established."[24] According to the United States, Buckley had undergone 15 months of torture by Hezbollah before his death. After Buckley's kidnapping, three videos of Buckley being tortured were sent to the CIA in Athens. Interpreters noticed puncture marks indicating he was injected with narcotics. According to several sources, as a result of his torture, he signed a 400-page statement detailing his CIA activities.[5][11][25] In a video taken approximately seven months after the kidnapping, his appearance was described as follows:

Buckley was close to a gibbering wretch. His words were often incoherent; he slobbered and drooled and, most unnerving of all, he would suddenly scream in terror, his eyes rolling helplessly and his body shaking.[26] The CIA consensus was that he would be blindfolded and chained at the ankles and wrists and kept in a cell little bigger than a coffin.[5]