• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any decent barrels in stock?

acebanana

Obi Wan Kanobi
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Not really happy with what I'm getting now out of my light profile run of the mill barrel, anyone know of any decent 1:8 or 1:7 .223 ar15 barrels in stock anywhere? So far the best luck I've seen is with fulton armory, looking for a ~20" HBAR or other heavy contour in .223 wylde in the $300 price range.

Thanks

Also, anyone try "bedding" their barrel in the upper receiver? Results?

Lothar Walther makes an extremely nice SPR style barrel with matching bolt for around $369-$400.

They are top not too, my buddy is running one but it's a .308 SPR and it has produced GAP-10 results...consistently.
FYI the Lothars are same barrels Larue Tactical uses and they are some of the most accurate AR based guns around. I had one Larue stealth upper that would consistently shoot 1/2 moa with match ammo and still hang just below moa with m193 at 100 yards.

Last edited: