• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any difference in glass between Viper PST Gen II SFP and FFP 5-25x50?

rcmigpilot

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2012
Louisiana
Need another scope and would like to try a Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 in MOA. It'll only be for punching paper and steel at known distances so SFP would probably be fine. I have a Diamondback Tactical FFP with the EBR-2C reticle and think with the spread out christmas tree and think it's a lot less busy under the center than the EBR-4C in the SFP, but at $100 less I think I can live with it if the glass and all other factors are equal.

I’m pretty sure it’s the same glass. If you are like me though it isn’t uncommon for me to buy a new rifle and switch some of my optics around. For that reason I have kept everything FFP. It also makes it easier to make corrections if you can see your misses.