• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Any Downside to Area 419 suppressor adapter system?

olive drab

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
My TBAC just got out of jail, so I was looking at buying a few more CB brakes when I came across the area 419 hellfire brake system. Needless to say, I am impressed with it and see how I can install it on this suppressor and others so I am not stuck to one can for a specific mounting system. So, whats the catch? By using this with my TBAC, and SICO suppressors what am I missing out on over the factory mount? What problems or headaches have you encountered with the area 419 system? Am I losing anything by getting rid of my factory brakes (and not buying more CB brakes) and switching to this?

Reactions: shax2lex
No catch, your intuition about them is spot on. I’m out the desert right now setting up to play musical suppressors on a couple of different rifles using the 419 system, just for giggles. The system is impressive on the rifles I’ve tested them on so far.

I've been using the Area 419 for about 6 months now and really like it. On my 300 PRC I like being able to switch between the 338 Ultra and just a 30 Ultra 7 depending on if I want max suppression or lower weight & bulk. It's also much cheaper than buying CB brakes for each rifle I use. Haven't had any issues with it. I'm hoping he does another good BF sale this year so I can grab a couple more adapters at good prices for future purchases.

Reactions: olive drab
BA6F02F5-797D-4324-827D-D01E3E55454D.jpeg

I’ve been using Area 419 suppressor adapters on all three of my barrels for my Switchlug with my TBAC Ultra 9 for close to three years now . All have performed perfect .

I like them on bolt guns, but I've gotten them stuck on ARs. High round count between removal and high heat too. Only mount that hasn't carbon locked on me with that kind of firing schedule is Keymo.

Picked up my 338 Ultra and Ultra 5 this evening. First thing I did when I got home was install the Area419 adapters. I also run them on a SiCo Omega and Harvester.

I’ve been thinking about the Area 419 adapter for a suppressor too. Are y’all running the brake normally and then taking it off to install the suppressor when you want to shoot quiet?

Does anyone of you run one of the 419 adapters on a Bowers Group can? Specifically the Vers 30? Didn’t see it listed on the site and wondered if there was a compatible adapter.

I’m in the same boat. Thinking of swapping my APA Little Bastard brakes all over to the 419 system simply for the ease of swapping suppressors, but then I think... my real problem is simply that I don’t have a suppressor for each of my guns lol

NFAIDS. You has it. There’s no cure. ?

I'm waiting on 4 cans (including a TBAC 6.5 Ultra 9) and a 13” DSA FAL.

I use the system on my SiCo Omega 300’s and my TBAC Ultra 7s. I love it and much prefer it over the TBAC brakes setup. Those got stuck on me a few times.

So far I haven’t needed brakes again but I have them with me incase I do.

I really love mine just like everyone else. It makes things so easy except when your brake is being an asshole and not wanting to come off

I tried the Area 419 setup on my 338 Ultra cause I have about 4 rifles I like to use it on and was cheaper than buying my dedicated brakes from TBAC. It could have been just my setup but I found I got a zero shift with it whenever I removed and put the can back on. Also at 2 day matches would find it would shift over a weekend. Went back to using TBAC’s brake adaptor and the zero shift issue went away.

Reviving this thread to see if you guys are all still liking the 419 system over the TBAC brake? Would you guys go this route even if all of your cans are TBAC?

I still like mine, but run multiple brands and models. If I had all TBAC cans, I’d just run their brakes, no need to swap.

Reviving this thread to see if you guys are all still liking the 419 system over the TBAC brake? Would you guys go this route even if all of your cans are TBAC?
I have one TBAC can and three barrels so the Area 419 has worked really well for me.

I still like mine, but run multiple brands and models. If I had all TBAC cans, I’d just run their brakes, no need to swap.

Thanks. I have heard that twice now. I have two TBAC cans in jail for the next year and debating on which route to go on a new rifle build that will be here before the cans...

I have Dead Air, TBAC, and Sico so the Area 419 works well for having a single common $35 muzzle device for any new rifle. But, even if I had only a 338 Ultra and a 30 Ultra 5/7/9, it would be nice to be able to use either of those with just the 1 muzzle device. If I only had cans using the 30CB brake that may be an option.

Other factor for me when I only had TBAC cans was that there can be times where the CB brakes are hard to find. Looking at TBACs site right now I don't see any CB brakes available in any thread pitch.

Reactions: Stalzer
Other factor for me when I only had TBAC cans was that there can be times where the CB brakes are hard to find. Looking at TBACs site right now I don't see any CB brakes available in any thread pitch.

I noticed that as well. Figured I would get extra brakes either way.

Last edited:
I have a buddy that uses the system and I use the tbac brakes. If you want to get really picky, there is an extra connection in the a419 setup. Tolerance stack up is a real thing. That being said, I've never seen it cause issues.

I don't remember exactly where the crossover happens to make the 419 setup cheaper, but it isn't many rifles. Probably 2-3. If you plan to ever run uncivilized again and use a brake, the choice is obvious. That wasn't a factor for me. We're both happy with our decisions.

Tolerance stack up is a real thing. That being said, I've never seen it cause issues.

If you plan to ever run uncivilized again and use a brake, the choice is obvious. That wasn't a factor for me. We're both happy with our decisions.

Thanks for those comments Zatchmo. Do cans stick any more or less with the 419 compared the native
cb mounts?

Thanks for those comments Zatchmo. Do cans stick any more or less with the 419 compared the native
cb mounts?
I haven't seen one stick with either system yet. I knock the carbon off the brake when I notice it building up. Probably every 150 or so rounds. That's it.

cb mounts?
I haven’t seen that either. The 419 uses a high temp oring to keep the gasses from the taper, and the taper fit is perfect. Couple other things not mentioned. The can side adapter has a hex sticking out the back, so the supplied wrench is always an option. Also, if you use a suppressor cover with a retention cord, the hex gives you a place to tie it to. Without that you have to re-apply and tighten the cord every time you screw the can on.
3A3A81BE-8F5B-454F-B3EB-6619C3F8F1A8.jpeg

Search my questions and this thread is as close as I got. So my question to you all is, do you feel like the thunderbeast cb break works well as just a break compared to the hellfire? I’m debating on switching but only to be able to use the hellfire for when I just want the benefits of a muzzle break. Not so much concerned with the connection of the suppressor side of things knowing 419 quality I’m sure that’s great, more concerned with the functionality of the cb break compared to the hellfire as just the benefits of the break. Thanks guys hope my question makes sense.

Search my questions and this thread is as close as I got. So my question to you all is, do you feel like the thunderbeast cb break works well as just a break compared to the hellfire? I’m debating on switching but only to be able to use the hellfire for when I just want the benefits of a muzzle break. Not so much concerned with the connection of the suppressor side of things knowing 419 quality I’m sure that’s great, more concerned with the functionality of the cb break compared to the hellfire as just the benefits of the break. Thanks guys hope my question makes sense.
Not even close, the hellfire is much more effective as a brake.

I have Dead Air, TBAC, and Sico so the Area 419 works well for having a single common $35 muzzle device for any new rifle. But, even if I had only a 338 Ultra and a 30 Ultra 5/7/9, it would be nice to be able to use either of those with just the 1 muzzle device. If I only had cans using the 30CB brake that may be an option.

I called TBAC last week because I wanted a 30CB with 3/4-28 thread. I was hoping that I could get one manufactured in their next run. Turns out they had them, just not listed on the website. Give them a call if you’re looking for a mount. TBAC has great customer service.

I run Area419 Hellfires on all bolt guns and have SiCo, DeadAir, TBAC, and Bowers cans. I run keymo on my ARs mainly only because I had those first and am too lazy to swap them out. The Hellfire brake is fantastic when running the brake. Sooooo much easier to use the self timing brake than futz around with shims on the dead air (and other non self timing) brakes. My only wish is Area419 made a Bowers adapter and adapters for larger calibers/threadpitch(eg 50Beowulf, 458socom)