• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any experiance with heavy CE Lazers and twist rates?

Goin'Hot

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Central, Ohio
Long story short... I just took delivery of two barrels after a 9 month wait. One in 375 CT and one in 416 Barrett for an HTI. Both were supposed to be 8 twists for shooting Cutting Edge 400 Lazers and 550 Lazers. I have measured the twist rate of barrels. The 416 is correct. The 375 is a 9 twist...

I’m wanting to shoot the two mile ELR game and I think I’m fine with the 9 twist 416 barrel but I have major concerns with the CT barrel and the 400’s.

Can anyone give me some first hand experience with twist rates and these bullets going transonic? If I can avoid it, I’d like to keep the barrels rather than getting the sob story from the smith on why the barrels aren’t correct and missing another season of ELR.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jasent
With the 375 in 1-9 twist look at the 377 CE. The 400 gr may not transition well passed 2000 yards with the 1-9 twist. I just got my 375 ct and have 32 in 1-7 twist and am using 377 for break in then will move to the 402 CE bullets for my ELR load

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone successfully launched 400 gr lazers from a 375 CT, at ELR distances with a 9 twist? I'm going to attend the NRA shoot in Aug. I'd like to know if I'll be wasting my time with this bullet and twist rate.

Not sure any of the guys that shoot out SW ULR are using 1-9 i think they are using 1-8 or faster for the 400 lazer. I have 200 377ce i am selling that i just don't need. In looking at the claimed BC the 402's have a BC .990 and the 400 Lazer is .930 so I am going with the better BC