• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Experience With 25 Creed and IMR 4831?

Great Value Varget

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2022
Texas
Have a barrel coming in soon in 25 creed. Picked up a pile of IMR 4831 pretty cheap as well as a few thousand 131 Ace's. Seeing as there is about jack all for data out there, wondering if anyone on here has tried this combo with any of the 130 class projo's. GRT is showing some pretty promising numbers but no 130gn data for 6.5 on the subject so kinda flying in the dark. Thinking on starting in the 40-4
1681686280803.png
1gn range and finding pressure, sound like a decent idea?

I don't have any data for a 25 Creed, but I will think it's a safe bet to say 6.5 Creed or 6 creed would be near identical. In both of those cases, IMR 4831 would have a low velocity because you would run out of case capacity before you can get to an optimum velocity
Gonna be a 29” barrel and shooting for 2850 on a light charge. Seems do-able on paper but figured I’d look for some more input on the situation

I don't have any data for a 25 Creed, but I will think it's a safe bet to say 6.5 Creed or 6 creed would be near identical. In both of those cases, IMR 4831 would have a low velocity because you would run out of case capacity before you can get to an optimum velocity.
I tried it in 6.5 CM although it was H4831SC in Lapua SP brass with the 147eldm.
Nothing ground breaking but were i stopped with the ladder at 46gr it was 2732fps from a 23" barrlel.
Havent bothered with it since, just for reference my standard accuracy load is with 41.7gr of H4350 at 2805fps with the 140 Hybrid in once fired brass.

I thought I would try H4831 in 22 Creed. Crunch City at 43gr. Those big sticks will keep you from getting that much in the case.
I managed to get 46gr in the 6.5 case but it was the short cut version and i used a 12" drop tube i made from an easton 5mm carbon arrow.
In a pinch it would work fine just not optimal and using 4-5 grains more than the right powder is a bit of waste.

I managed to get 46gr in the 6.5 case but it was the short cut version and i used a 12" drop tube i made from an easton 5mm carbon arrow.
In a pinch it would work fine just not optimal and using 4-5 grains more than the right powder is a bit of waste.
little bit extra but getting a few jugs for $275 offsets about all of the "waste" plus a good bit extra heh

Reactions: XLR308