• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any experience with Aguila 140gr 6.5CM?

R700P308

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2017
Kentucky
Just bought four boxes of this stuff, then see two horrible reviews on Midway, both in the last month. Was hoping that it would work fine for 100yd "riflekraft" practice. According to the reviews...nope.

Anyone used this stuff before?

Lol I just bought a box at a local feed store yesterday because it was only $18 and I figure at worst it’ll be minute of hog. Standing by for any comments but I’m not holding my breath for good news….

Reactions: R700P308
if nothing else, it will allow practice for recoil management (sight picture), and going through your routine methodically (if needed).
i have only used the 7.62x51mm and .308 (i believe they are exactly the same) because it was available at turners when ammo was scarce.

(for me) accuracy was similar to serbian ppu m80 (decent), and not comparable to match ammo.

if nothing else, it will allow practice for recoil management (sight picture), and going through your routine methodically (if needed).
i have only used the 7.62x51mm and .308 (i believe they are exactly the same) because it was available at turners when ammo was scarce.

(for me) accuracy was similar to serbian ppu m80 (decent), and not comparable to match ammo.
Well that's unfortunate. I was hoping it would at least be good enough for 100yd groupings even if it fell apart at distance.

I thought about getting some to try it but it's $29+ a box around here. Seems pretty steep for what it is.

Yeah given the current reviews I wouldn't touch it at that price.

I'll shoot it through my CTR and report back.