• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Experience with Altus for Barreled Action?

Baron23

Check 6
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    HI guys - I'm considering having Atlus do a barreled action for me with a DM Deviant and a Bartlien barrel in 6.5 manbun.

Anybody have any experience with Altus spinning a barrel for you that you are willing to report?

Have you been happy with their product and customer service?

Thanks

HI guys - I'm considering having Atlus do a barreled action for me with a DM Deviant and a Bartlien barrel in 6.5 manbun.

Anybody have any experience with Altus spinning a barrel for you that you are willing to report?

Have you been happy with their product and customer service?

Thanks
    Absolutely stellar. You will not be disappointed.
    Between Ern's work and the front office's CS, you will be a repeat customer sooner or later.

./

Absolutely stellar. You will not be disappointed.
    Between Ern's work and the front office's CS, you will be a repeat customer sooner or later.

./
    Another vote for 'you'll be happy'. Everyone at Altus is great to deal with.
    Thanks guys....I will say that the convo I had with today them went very well. I appreciate the feedback.

they put together a tl3/proof prefit/krg bravo for me last last year, no issues at all, would def use them again.

Reactions: Baron23
    They did a Bartlein gain twist 6mm creed prefit for me for a bighorn tl3. hear are a couple of groups during load development.

Attachments

• 20190512_122551.jpg
      20190512_122551.jpg
      234.2 KB · Views: 72
    • 20190512_122547.jpg
      20190512_122547.jpg
      292.7 KB · Views: 93
    there customer service was great. I had a couple of barrels ordered from another gunsmith that were supposed to be done before I needed them but they were several months late getting them to me. I gave Altus a call and let them know that I was in a bit of a pinch. they got the barrel done very quickly for me so I had a great barrel for shooting some matches I was signed up for. There gunsmithing and customer service are both topnotch.

there customer service was great. I had a couple of barrels ordered from another gunsmith that were supposed to be done before I needed them but they were several months late getting them to me. I gave Altus a call and let them know that I was in a bit of a pinch. they got the barrel done very quickly for me so I had a great barrel for shooting some matches I was signed up for. There gunsmithing and customer service are both topnotch.
    Thanks so very much for the feedback.

wrt those groups, great gun and great shooting!!

they put together a tl3/proof prefit/krg bravo for me last last year, no issues at all, would def use them again.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. Wonderful.

Altus is absolutely %200 G2G. I've had x2 Impact barreled actions built that are first place winners in .308 Tac and 6.5 open. Their prefits are quick and lazer accurate with the factory Hornady, Prime, and reloads i shoot.
    Deal with utmost confidence!
    The only problem is they frequently have stuff in stock and take all my monies :ROFLMAO:

Hello Everyone,

I can't thank you enough for the kind words.......it makes the long nights in the shop go by a little faster.

Cooper_257 - damn good shooting......you make my shabby quality look good......ha.

Baron23 - Thank you for the opportunity to spin up a barrel for you. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Ern - Altus Rifle Builder

Purchased an Impact 737 with Bartlien Heavy Palma, Little Bastard, cerekoted black, in 6.5 Creedmoor. Love. It. Shoots like a dream and the customer service was absolutely top notch. Do it.

They’ve built 2 rifles for me so far. Both shoot better than I do. Estimated wait time was always met, customer service has been top notch and they have a great selection of components in stock. They’re the shit, don’t hesitate

MlimA - Thank you for mentioning the lead-times. I try really hard to meet quoted lead-times (or sooner if batching allows)......but sometimes things get a little behind.

Ern
    Hi Ern - wow, thanks for dropping in on my thread...which of course was all about you and Altus! :)

I'll be reaching out to Al, who I spoke with last week, to start this project definitely moving.

This will be for a BA going into a JAE chassis with my supplying the barrel (its on order with Bartlein...MOD400BB SS and it may well be 6 months before I get it) and getting the action/trigger from you.

Once you have all parts in hand, what is your estimated lead time? I ask because I looked and don't see it on the website ( or I missed it).

Thanks

As I’ve posted before Altus is definitely good people. Never hesitate to do business with them. Customer service is second to none. And as you can see, Ern is a member of the community.

Altus put together a Impact 737 and a proof barrel in 6.5 CM M24 for me, and I had it in my hands in less than 10 days. It is by far the best rifle I've owned so far. Put it in a Manners TCS i got from them as well, and I couldn't be happier. Will be my go to from now on. It shoots better than I can.

Baron23,

I am glad you talked to Al he knows his stuff. Al will also have a better idea on lead-times......especially 6 months from now.

It seems anytime we try to standardize lead-times.....we get slammed with orders.....or parts delivery changes. Don't quote me, but I think we are running approx 6 weeks on BAs.

I might catch flak for this broad answer (by some of the large operations who enjoy crunching numbers)........but I enjoy building rifles, not analyzing production numbers.

Ern

Baron23,

I am glad you talked to Al he knows his stuff. Al will also have a better idea on lead-times......especially 6 months from now.

It seems anytime we try to standardize lead-times.....we get slammed with orders.....or parts delivery changes. Don't quote me, but I think we are running approx 6 weeks on BAs.

I might catch flak for this broad answer (by some of the large operations who enjoy crunching numbers)........but I enjoy building rifles, not analyzing production numbers.

Ern
    Thanks Ern...I missed it today (bit late in the afternoon now) but its on my calendar to call Al on Monday.

And....as you may have noted, everybody with any experience with your gunsmithing and CS has be HIGHLY complimentary. That's gold, right there.

Just necroing this thread to give credit where credit is due...
    I ordered an off-the-menu barreled action from Altus. They wanted half, but I paid them in full up front (cuz Altus).
    Josh Mann said it would be 4 weeks. In exactly 4 weeks (to the day) it shipped.
    Now I have to try and work instead of hitting the "track package" button and daydreaming about putting this rifle together...
    Thank you Altus.

I ordered an off-the-menu barreled action from Altus. They wanted half, but I paid them in full up front (cuz Altus).
    Now I have to try and work instead of hitting the "track package" button and daydreaming about putting this rifle together...
    Thank you Altus.
    Outstanding. I’ve been utterly happy w BA done by Altus. Both the outstanding gunsmith work and its performance but also the entire customer experience. I’ve not a single complaint and have plenty of compliments.

Cheers

Reactions: AccuSol-ERN
    Thank you Altus.
    Let us know how it shoots, I'm sure it will be a hammer.

We try very hard to keep leadtimes honest, but a few do slip from time to time. Thank you for sharing your experience. Give us a shout when you wear that barrel out.

Ern

Good shooting. Thank you for the feedback. It's nice to see guys drive them well.

Ern
    No problem thanks for the good work. I’ve got another build with you guys now as well I’m waiting on. Almost same setup but it’s a 16.5” proof carbon barrel instead, 223 wylde as well. That will be my light setup with the Manners LRH.

Ah, I know the build. That is going to be a great setup in an LRH. I really like the LRH stock, Tom hit a homerun with that stock. The only little things I would change (at the cost of a little extra weight) are better adj cheek and skeletonized buttpad spacers that link together for alignment.

Ern

When no one had black Foundation Centurion stocks I called Altus and they were able to source me one in two weeks.

Ah, I know the build. That is going to be a great setup in an LRH. I really like the LRH stock, Tom hit a homerun with that stock. The only little things I would change (at the cost of a little extra weight) are better adj cheek and skeletonized buttpad spacers that link together for alignment.

Ern
    Oh ya I’ve heard good things about the stock, but haven’t used one yet. When i picked up this current build i looked at it while i was at the office. Felt good to me.

Joeyg023 - I didn't realize you were local. Next time you come by, find me and say hello (put a face to the name).

Ern
    Awesome i sure will. I live in Panama City so pretty close to local. I’ll be back there when this build is finished. I’ve been dealing with Michael lately and occasionally Josh past builds were through Josh.

They are great! Did a 6.5 impact barreled action last year that shot amazing,fit and finish was perfect.They threaded a barrel this past week on one of my stock varmint guns as well, everything was perfect.highly recommend them.

Ern I appreciate all the excellent machine,work you are great!