• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any experience with either of these hearing pro?

I have the Etymotic Gunport Pro's they are excellent. The electronics compress the sound and don't cut out with the sound of gunfire. You can hear a conversation even over the noise of gunshots on the line. The batteries will drain down even when not using them. They are zinc air hearing aid batteries and won't last much more than a month but they are available at Costco and are inexpensive.

I am very hard of hearing and wear hearing aids. Hearing aid batteries will only last a week, at most. So don't be surprised about the batteries. I tried the sound gear aids. they were great for blocking noise. My problem is that the volume would not go high enough for me to hear.

Ive been wearing the Etymotics for nearly 2 years, and saw long term use for a few months, everyday for about 5-8 hours on the range for 2 months, and I was replacing the battery just about every 15-20 days, Id keep them on high for shooting pistols or suppressed rifles and on low for shooting rifles unsuppressed. However its a pain in the ass when youre only using them one day every month and having to replace the battery every time.

After a little research I went with the Walkers Silencers mainly because they have an on and off switch and the price. So far so good. I’d recommend considering them.

For the Etymotic they are supposed to have the Gunsport Elite out soon which are the rechargeable version of the GSP. I am waiting for those to be out.

I have been using the Etymotic GSP's for 2+ years now. Hands-down the best e-plug I've tried. All day comfort and best in the business sound reproduction and protection. Highly modular and two modes; regular and 5x amplified, both with blast protection.

The rechargable Elite models should be released any day now. They take things to the next-level. At < $400, I don't think they can be beat.

I am half temped to get the GPS's for now especially there on sale for $250. I can buy a bunch of hearing aid batteries for $150.....

I have the SoundGear instant fits. They work good, but thinking about selling them. Just prefer electronic muffs, don't like anything in my ears.