• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Experience with Preferred Barrel Blanks?

JA1989

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2019
Just curious, looking at getting a 6.5 creed prefit for my impact action, and preferred barrel blanks has one at a pretty reasonable price. Does anybody have any experience with their barrels? I could also pick up a proof prefit for 500 bucks, but I don’t like the competition contour. Just too heavy for what I do. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Have you done "the search" thing ? There was a lot of "chatter" here a year + ago about their not meeting promised delivery times.
I'll be following this
Interesting to know.. was hoping for more current reviews of their barrels. Although given their lack of review material it might be best to pass on them.

I just got a 6.5 CM for my Zues. Ordered 10/14/21 and it was shipped 11/15/21. I think I got it a week or two after that. It outshoots me right now, my first 3 shots were touching in almost a perfectly horizontal line. I will probably upgrade at some point, but I really like mine right now. No problems from Preferred. I didn't take any pics unfortunately.

Digging this back up. I'd be curious to get some reviews of the actual barrels from Preferred. Thanks in advance.

I really like mine. Haven't shot for groups in awhile, but I have been ringing steel out to 800 yds. If I get out to shoot some groups, I'll upload them to this thread.

Reactions: Clem
My Origin 7SAW barrel is a PBB Prefit.
Great price, accurate barrel, relatively long turnaround but in their defense, when I ordered, everyone was 16 weeks out for a custom barrel. They let me know to expect 16 weeks +/-2 weeks.

Looking through my emails;
Ordered 5/10/21
Shipped to me 08/18/21.
~17 weeks to my door.

I can’t remember the name of the employee I talked with, but he spent a pretty ridiculous amount of time on the phone with me helping me pick a barrel contour. I wanted a hunting rifle light enough to carry out west, with a heavy enough contour for occasional extended session range use. I just couldn’t make up my mind looking at the website. With his help, I settled on the 0.810” taperless contour for which he was able to provide a pretty accurate weight estimate (verified when I received it), with fluting. Seemed to really know his stuff.

I plan to use them again.

I really like mine. Haven't shot for groups in awhile, but I have been ringing steel out to 800 yds. If I get out to shoot some groups, I'll upload them to this thread.
Thanks! Would be much appreciated. Also would love to know how your velocities are if you get that info as well.

I use them a lot and have had very good results. Currently shooting a 22 Creedmoor barrel that shoots much better than I do. Lead times are pretty standard with the industry and they have been very good to deal with. They did thread a muzzle with the wrong thread pitch by accident but it was no drama to get it fixed on their dime.

Reactions: Digetydog and Clem
I got a 6.5 creedmoor a few months ago. Paid the expedited charge and got it in 3 weeks. 24” mtu contour prefit. Have only shot factory ammo and it really shoots good.

Attachments

• 117F5D76-AFC0-4635-8C31-E4DF4C54E1C6.jpeg
    117F5D76-AFC0-4635-8C31-E4DF4C54E1C6.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 268
  • C7945B10-AFD0-4708-B6EB-A08551318530.jpeg
    C7945B10-AFD0-4708-B6EB-A08551318530.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 271
Reactions: 260284 and Clem
I have a couple of prefit s for my Tikka. They shot great.

Just sighted in in Monday and was making one hole if I did my part

I ordered a 25 creed in early July and received it 3 days ago. Fits, looks and shoots great. I also ordered a 7wsm a week later and i received an email stating that it was shipping.

I called and asked many questions and they took plenty of time to discuss the reamer specs.

I ordered a 25 creed in early July and received it 3 days ago. Fits, looks and shoots great. I also ordered a 7wsm a week later and i received an email stating that it was shipping.

I called and asked many questions and they took plenty of time to discuss the reamer specs.
How is your 25CM holding up?

I’m still haven’t finished load development using h4350 and 133 Bergers. I had an injury in late August that stopped all shooting for a while. Another couple weeks I’ll finish it up. It was shooting as it should.

Reactions: S3th
I know this is late but I just got back from breaking in my new Preferred Barrels 900 varmint contour on my CTR. 14 shots to perform break in, 3 shots to get zeroed at 100 and finished the day with a 5 shot, quarter MOA group with a load that did so so in my old barrel. We'll see what happens as it ages

Took it out again this past weekend with the load that shot about .25 and some others for load development. The .25 load ended up running roughly 1/2 moa for 4ea. 5 shot groups including the cold bore/ fouling shot. It didn't show any particular tendencies so I'm hanging on to it for tuning. Another load showed great promise at .33 something but velocities were lower than expected. However, all this may change as the barrel settles into its new form. Overall I'm impressed with my Preffered barrel. None of the loads ran more than 1.25

IMG_20230308_164920.jpg

First shots after zeroing my scope on a .223 preferred barrel.

Not sure about their prefits, but this one got chambered by my Smith, and I have no qualms recommending their blanks.

Reactions: krumfola