• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any experience with the Aero Ultralight 1-Piece scope mount?

ReaperDriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 5, 2009
    Vegas Baby!
    It would be used for a Vortex 4.5-27 34mm tube on a 6CM upper. The rings look thin, but I'm trying to save as much weight as possible for a comp gun.

Anyone running this mount? Thanks.

It’s fine on a gas gun with a LPVO. But I think it’s a terrible choice for a LR platform. I mean you got the heaviest possible scope already... what’s an extra 3-4 oz on a proper mount ?

I’m running a 30mm version with a 1-6. No issues and it’s light but I don’t think I would want to use one on a comp gun. Seems like it wouldn’t take a beating very well.
    Not only that. The vertical split rings make it very difficult to properly plum the reticle with properly torquing. I mean a set of good 30mm mount is only 6-8oz and I think the aero is 3.5 - hardly a good choice for weight reduction of all places. Get a MK5 if you want to put your rifle on a diet.