• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any experience with these 4 spotting scopes?

Reverend762

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
Texas, CS
Any experience with these 4 spotting scopes?
I will be using the scope for round impact viewing(.308) at 300 yards.
Any recommendations between the 4 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bushnell 20-60x80 Legend Ultra HD Spotting Scope 399.00</span>
Bushnell.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Leupold Green Ring Sequoia 20-60x80 Spotting Scope 399.00</span>
leupold.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nikon 16-48x65 Angled Body Spotting Scope 399.00(Angled body shown, but i would probably get the straight body</span>
nikon.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex 20-60x60 Nomad Spotting Scope 329.00</span>
vortex.jpg

Re: Any experience with these 4 spotting scopes?

I'd lean towards the bottom two and have recently heard good things from a buddy about the Vortex Nomad. If only using at the range though I'd try to spend the extra $100 and get the 80mm Skyline.

J

angled ocular spotting scopes don't lend well to hunting senerios .....trust me.

I have the Bushnell 20-60x80 ED glass but with a straight eyepiece. I like it a lot and it is pretty rugged and no problems after being knocked off the shooting bench onto concrete (36"fall). the optice are clear and focus sharp.

but for field use I would get a smaller unit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd lean towards the bottom two and have recently heard good things from a buddy about the Vortex Nomad. If only using at the range though I'd try to spend the extra $100 and get the 80mm Skyline.

J </div></div>

Good find. I did not see that one.
Is this the one your talking about?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Skyline 20-60x80mm Straight Spotting Scopes 429.00</span>

vortex2.jpg