• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any experience with these Wheeler Rings?

AlphaThree

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2020

They look like they have some good features and are from a trusted name in gunsmithing. I don’t need super precision since this is going on a 10” 300bo but I also want to hold a good zero and don’t want my optic coming loose from the rings or the receiver after every shot.
I was looking at the same rings earlier today. Must have been another size or something cause the first review had pictures of them and the tool marks were bad and quality didn't look good

I have a set. Haven't run lots of rounds through them but they seem to work very well.
The anti cant deal is useless.

I've got 3 sets...they work just fine. Use blue Loctite and don't over-torque.
The Anti-can't device works great. Level your rifle/scope. Put a level on top of your scope. Use the (4) screws that hold on the bubble level as adjustment screws to match up with bubble level on top of your elevation dial. Blue Loctite hold all mine well.

I've got 3 sets...they work just fine. Use blue Loctite and don't over-torque.
The Anti-can't device works great. Level your rifle/scope. Put a level on top of your scope. Use the (4) screws that hold on the bubble level as adjustment screws to match up with bubble level on top of your elevation dial. Blue Loctite hold all mine well.
Mine would not level no matter what I did. No matter, I like the rings.

I have a set of these on a 22 that I haven't had an opportunity to shoot. I didn't notice any abnormalities during installation. The level is a bit weird to set; the base pivots against a channel in the ring. So depending upon overall tightness, one side may need be loosened while the other tightened to change the angle.

If I didn't need 34mm rings I would've bought the inexpensive, but made in the USA Vortex rings.

Have set on a 22. Working well so far. Especially when comparing price with other 34 mm rings.

After midway put the Bushnell Elites on sale I needed 2 sets of rings... and these were the only 34mm rings that the local store had. They had one set of rings and then a wheeler 1 piece mount that looks almost identical to the rings. They both mounted up with no problems and they seem like a quality product. It's not much of a test but nothing has moved with about 400 rounds of 6.5prc.

After mounting them and looking at the box they are made in china.... And I pulled off the anti-cant levels. It was difficult to get them set correct with the way that they pivoted- and they were not repeatable. Depending on how hard they were flipped down it would rest in different spots.

I also have a set on my 22 LR and they've worked great. Haven't spent too much fuss on the anti cant device cause it just felt flimsy out of the box so I never have really felt like I should trust it, but for all I know I could be wrong. Rings work great though!