• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Experiences with "PowerTac" Lights?

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
Hey folks,

I was just shown a new flashlight that a colleague of mine received as a gift from his soon-to-be-father-in-law for Christmas.

It was a "PowerTac Warrior" model with a rating of 650/350/100/20 lumens respectively at its 4 settings, a strobe at 650, with an alleged 400+ meter beam throw on its 650 setting (got to test it around my office and in a dark hallway briefly, but hardly anything meaningful).

I have zero experience with or knowledge of this company aside from seeing this one light for 10 mins, but it was a pretty impressive package just at first blush. Seemed well-made/solidly built (by a company out of Raleigh, NC), seemingly pretty powerful CREE XM-L LED, lots of nice features (including a "Tac" kit that came with his light that wouldn't be of much use to me) and in my 2 mins of quick online research, a price point significantly less than some other products in this class that I do have experience with (~$150).

So...does anybody know anything about this company or have any experience with any of its products...good, bad or otherwise? Just curious more than anything, but the company does seem to have quite a few offerings, including a model comparable to my Surefire E2D that's about on its last leg these days and will likely need replaced in the coming year.

I'm guessing from the lack of response in 4+ days that nobody has seen/used/otherwise has any useful knowledge on these products, but I'll bump it up once just in case. ;)

Thanks!

Hello,

I have several of their pocket sized lights and carry one daily. There has been a few issues such as the bezel coming unscrewed on one, the ring which screws in and holds the switch came loose and one of the lights will just stop working but at some undetermined time will work again.

I have bought ~7-8 of their smaller lights and am satisfied with them. The lights are bright even if in my opinion the lumen ratings are a little optimistic. I have one of their 750 lumen rated lights which is not quite as bright as a Surefire fury which is rated at 500 lumens.

The company has stood behind everything I have ever had a problem with. I see them at a local gun show and they have replaced anything which I had a problem with. No questions asked. I think they are good lights for the money and work well for general use.

Sim