• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing ANY FELLOW CALIFORNIA FISHERMEN!! i need help

andersonman22

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
California
i love fishing but the only places i know how to catch fish are ponds using texas senkos, robo wacky worms, few crankbaits and the occasional banjo minnow..

anytime i head out to lakes i get skunked!

what techniques do you guys use to catch them?

thanks!

Re: ANY FELLOW CALIFORNIA FISHERMEN!! i need help

also does anyone know of any good blogs where i can find fishing reports that are updated on the daily?

i know right? idk what the heck is wrong, but im guessing its because of all the lakes being over populated with people and boats.
mad.gif

i just checked out the website, didn't have much information pertaining to areas i fish, but thanks anyways. i'm located in the northern/central region. idk if your familiar with Sacramento area, but that's where i live.

Check out bloodydecks and scsurffishing. Both are great sights. There are a lot of friendly people on scsurffishing that probably would help you out.

I’ve been fishing out in Cali as long as i can remember and have been pretty successful with catching striped bass and rainbow trout. If you can find someone on the lake/river/body of water that can speak English just ask them for some tips, most don’t mind helping.

We used to fish the sac river a lot in the pocket area and the brickyard in freeport. The sloughs offer good catfish, black bass and stripers. The american has good shad and striper fishing near the clay banks on the rancho/rosemont side. I havent fished much in the past few years due to the fees and all the poachers but if you find a good hole you can be really lucky. I live in carmichael right by the sarah court river access and have been fishing it a little bit with my daughter and havent had any luck. The other side of the sac river used to be the best but thats shut down now from all the poachers and vagrants. Id say the sloughs south of walnut grove and the delta are your best bet. Let me know if I can help any

Oh also we used to fish all the ponds and creeks in elk grove growing up and I had a lot of luck with pan fish and some pretty good black bass. Those little watering holes in the farmlands have some good pretty good fishing and a lot of crawdads if you like those.