• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Any good classes in Wisconsin?

JordanGriff

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2018
Curious if there’s any good prs classes in Wisconsin. Otherwise consider a trip to K&M possibly this fall

Not that I’ve found, Ive been looking and waiting. Minnesota and Iowa have some. Franks class is in Minnesota and Iowa. I think vortex might have some classes with guest instructors, I remember seeing info for one but it was sold out. If you hear of one pass the info on please, I’d love to find a local quality class.

Get a hold of Ken Wheeler who is running the PRS matches up at the Highlands.

They had a scheduled PRS type training type class that was suppose to happen back on 3/21 but got postponed to 4/4 I believe because of all the virus stuff. That class was suppose to be in Columbus, WI.

A training thing in the morning and then a mini PRS match in the afternoon. You need at least a 100 rounds for it.

A couple of guys in the shop where going to go. Now that it is rescheduled for 4/4 I think I'll try and hit it as well.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Get a hold of Ken Wheeler who is running the PRS matches up at the Highlands.

They had a scheduled PRS type training type class that was suppose to happen back on 3/21 but got postponed to 4/4 I believe because of all the virus stuff. That class was suppose to be in Columbus, WI.

A training thing in the morning and then a mini PRS match in the afternoon. You need at least a 100 rounds for it.

A couple of guys in the shop where going to go. Now that it is rescheduled for 4/4 I think I'll try and hit it as well.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

I shoot Ken’s matches. I was thinking about that, but my understanding is that it was more geared towards beginners. Maybe I’m wrong there.

I was also considering trying to find an instructor to come here. I’ve hosted a 3 gun class before and that worked out really well

Reactions: WIVigilance
I shoot Ken’s matches. I was thinking about that, but my understanding is that it was more geared towards beginners. Maybe I’m wrong there.

Yes geared more for beginners but being as it’s this early in the season and not a lot going on it won’t hurt to get out and sling some rounds down range! Either way it would be fun and to check out a different range.

if you're going to pay the money and make a trip, then i defiantly would recommend you head down to Rifles Only and go through their class.

Reactions: Skunkworx
It might be worth shooting Jim See a PM. He's based in IA. Otherwise as others have said Ken Wheeler is running a class. The next one is in May I believe.

I shot the grind last year at K&M. Incredible facility for sure.

Last edited:
It's not in Wisconsin but Frank's class at gopher hill is just north of Minneapolis, so just over the border. Just opened for registration today. For what it's worth i went last year from north Dakota and it was worth it enough that im doing it again this year

Reactions: Frank Green
How does a person find these? I've only seen the one in Colorado.
It's in this training section of the forum. Three Minnesota one is titled Frank's Minnesota class. These aren't done through mile high. It's Frank and for this particular class it's also Mark this year. All of those classes offered from him are listed in this area on the forum

Last edited: