• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any good long range publications?

MrOneEyedBoh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Maryland, USA!
I was looking for any good magazines or periodicals that are strictly precision shooting oriented. Anyone know of any that are worth buying into?

Re: Any good long range publications?

The best book on the subject. If you don't like math, don't buy the book. If you do, you'll learn a ridiculous amount of information. Here is the website, the book is: Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting. Looks like he has another couple books I'm not familiar with.

http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/Book.htm

MrOneEyedBoh said:
I was looking for any good magazines or periodicals that are strictly precision shooting oriented. Anyone know of any that are worth buying into? [/quote

Yeah its called....wait for it...Precision Shooting. Sadly they closed shop in November of 2012.

I get my fill for free on The Hide! That and Bryan Litz's books are great technical reading too, see Miles2go's link above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MrOneEyedBoh said:
I was looking for any good magazines or periodicals that are strictly precision shooting oriented. Anyone know of any that are worth buying into? [/quote

Yeah its called....wait for it...Precision Shooting. Sadly they closed shop in November of 2012. </div></div>

Bummer. I was actually going to suggest this magazine as well, but I did not know they closed.

An excellent companion piece for APPLIED BALLISTICS is Bryan's other book; ACCURACY AND PRECISION FOR THE LONG RANGE SHOOTER.

One really needs both books.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An excellent companion piece for APPLIED BALLISTICS is Bryan's other book; ACCURACY AND PRECISION FOR THE LONG RANGE SHOOTER.

One really needs both books. </div></div>
I just bought Applied Ballistics and started reading it. It's a great book....already looking at buying Accuracy And Precision

I have the applied book already. I was just looking for a magazine that published things here and there just to pass the time. I think Precision Shooting magazine is now out of print. I wonder if you can get reprints?