• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Google Sheets Experts Here?

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I'm currently working on a Google Sheets document to keep track of my rifle barrel round counts.

What I'm trying to figure out, is how to create a formula that keeps track of round count for each barrel after the previous time it was cleaned. I'm guessing it's going to be a formula involving multiple 'IF' statements, but can't figure out how it will work/reset after a barrel is cleaned and to only sum up the round count from the last cleaning.

This is what my spreadsheet looks like so far:

Rifle Spreadsheet.png

The 'cleaned' column will have a drop down to select 'YES' when it was cleaned. So the formula will have to recognize that.

Hopefully I've provided enough information for this to make sense, I'm not a software/computer guy...

There is a tool called formulas and also a very nice help section. At any time you can enter = in a cell and manually enter your equation.

Reactions: kthomas
There is a tool called formulas and also a very nice help section. At any time you can enter = in a cell and manually enter your equation.

I'm familiar with writing basic formulas, and have used the help section. Just can't figure out who to ask this specific question.

I think it's going to have to be some sort of an array formula with nested 'IF' statements.

I can work it later. Formula with sum, but the ranges are dynamic.

It might be helpful to create a pivot table as well

According to Douglas Adams (RIP,) the answer is "forty-two."

Pretty simple equation if done correctly:

If (never clean barrel) total = total

If you use your formula spreadsheet to clean your rifle each time, well then, problem solved.

you just need a tab column or a row that has the date each time you clean it so it starts over.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
The 'cleaned' column will have a drop down to select 'YES' when it was cleaned. So the formula will have to recognize that.

Hopefully I've provided enough information for this to make sense, I'm not a software/computer guy...
You clean your guns?

Sorry had a brisket to smoke, some personal stuff as well last night. I probably will take a shot again. I do this for a living and it's a fun challenge

Sorry had a brisket to smoke, some personal stuff as well last night. I probably will take a shot again. I do this for a living and it's a fun challenge

No worries, I'm in no rush!

I'm currently enjoying the weekend myself!

Actually, I will be smoking a brisket on Labor Day weekend. Spice Hunter no salt Cowboy BBQ Rub on the meat for 24 hours in the fridge. Then I light (mesquite flavored) coals in my charcoal grill. Get those going and put them in the side firebox. Then, I add mesquite logs. And an aluminum tray of water in the main chamber for a little moisture.

My brisket could tempt the faith of a vegan. So, when are you serving dinner?

Pretty easy formula to write if you need help shoot me a pm

I haven't got the cleaning down, and my son needs some help with resume--been helluva weekend. I got the round count since clean concept, just need to formalize the formulas and implement details "off screen" (you may see some chicken scratch of my filters and sorts).

Round counts by barrel and totals are done. I could clean it up a bit to make is "self referencing" but google was being a bitch. (sorry i get cranky when I code, its a thing, its just me).

Attachments

• Untitled spreadsheet.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 48