• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Any GTO guys around here? 1968,69, or 70's?

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Just bought a solid 70 GTO, no ram air, judge, hood tach or rear spoiler, but a darn nice car with AC and a few other options.

Looking for detailed pics of a 70 GTO in and out for restoration reference.

Thanks,

Re: Any GTO guys around here? 1968,69, or 70's?

350hp, 400cid. Have build plans to get it to 390hp+. Still retain factory everything.

Been out of the rods for awhile. Glad to be back in it.

What was that old movie, "Black Top Highway"? The one with the 55 Chevy Big Block motor withe the tunnel ram manfold with the twin Holley's. Is this GTO about the same car used in this movie. Damn good movie.

What about the 67
    shocked.gif

The 70 is prob my 2nd favorite.....love the body style, congrats on the find.

Maybe lurk the boneyards for an early 60's catalina or grand prix and snag a 421 if you are lucky.

What motor are you putting in there...poncho I assume?

A built 455 with some super-duty heads is the ticket...keep us posted.

I picked up a 69 years ago, Ram Air 111 underated @ 366hp 4sp M22 Muncie and had 588 gears in the rear. Would go from 0-100 soo fast you could not breath but 100 was about the top end with that trans and gear ratio. Was building a SD455 and was going to put the R/A heads on it 10.75 to 1 with 211 intake and 194s on exh. but crap happened and never got the block picked up. Had the hideaway headlights and was never beat at the race. Sure do miss that goat

Gunner, my dad and I had a 70 Judge we frame off restored about 6 years ago. The Judge was Polar White with medium red interior, RA III, 4 spd, 3.55 posi, & bought from the original owner who kept all the paperwork, both build sheets, Protect-o-plate, etc (down to the state inspection receipts!). Everything was correct matching #'s except the block was a service replacement RA IV, due to the dealership leaving the oil filter loose on its first oil change. I'll see if I still have the technical manual we used throughout the resto. It had EVERYTHING you could think of in it pertaining to the 70 model. I also have some pics of the process I'll try & scan them in the next few days while I'm off work and send them to you. Be more than happy to send you the manual if I can find it. Sure miss that Judge no, wish we hadn't sold it...

Had a 69 hardtop, too. Was a nice driver, no Ram Air, automatic, A/C car, silver with a black vinyl top and black interior.

Nice brother. I will get some posts up of this rod and a few pics of what we are planning on doing with it.

Awesome!

I had a 69 GTO with a 400 ci motor with a 4 speed. Didn't really care for it at the time. Way TOOOOOOO LOOOOOg. But my buddy had a 66 or67 way smaller car ,running 389 ,4 speed,this car came off the strip. Nice lime green color with custom black cob webbing done in lagueer paint,it was pretty fast too.

She is ugly as hell to me, just not a piss yellow/green interior guy. Couple pics of it anyway. It is however a 100% original 109,400 mile car that is all there. Plan at this time is for frame off, finish black on black w/o vinyl top, install hood tach, rear spoiler, original wheels (for now), install complete ram air, and up the motor to 400hp.
    Also there are just a couple pics of what we are leaning towards as a finished product.

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

70_00129_1.jpg

70_00193_1.jpg

Pretty good start if you ask me...

I don't even see any rust!

I rebuilt a 69 Judge from the ground up back when I was in high school. Loved the car, but had to sell it when I went to college, those things just require too much TLC to keep it running right from a dorm room parking lot.

They're fun, but I've reached the point in my life where I place a higher priority on suspension than horsepower.

Nothing like walking out of the grocery store or mall and seeing 3-4 people milling about gawking at your Goat. It's also handy because most likely one of them will be willing to give you a jump
    laugh.gif

Damn them tires look like the old bsi-ply ties with Craigers chrome rims. That gonna be a neat car. Did the GTO in Two Lane Black Highway looks very simalar to your,but did it have a rear spoiler wing on the truck deck lid?

I just sold my 1966 hardtop 389 tri power all numbers matchin. Orginal window sticker part of build sheet. i could go on and on

Almost done, just delivered from the body shop! Couple days and it will be road ready!

2010-02-13150856.jpg

My dad had a white, '64 4spd w/the two fours. I think in 64 it was a Tempest with a GTO option package. By the time I was born he'd gotten out of the muscle cars and into sports cars. I wish he'd kept it though.

Owned a '71 back four years ago. Great car, damn thing ran GPM as opposed to MPG though. rofl.

That's a nice looking ride. I have a soft spot for those GTOs - if I ever make any money I wouldn't mind having one of those or a '68-'69 Camaro. Those and the '70 Chevelles are about the only classic muscle cars I could actually spend money on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is ugly as hell to me, just not a piss yellow/green interior guy. Couple pics of it anyway. It is however a 100% original 109,400 mile car that is all there. Plan at this time is for frame off, finish black on black w/o vinyl top, install hood tach, rear spoiler, original wheels (for now), install complete ram air, and up the motor to 400hp.
    Also there are just a couple pics of what we are leaning towards as a finished product.

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

70_00129_1.jpg

70_00193_1.jpg
    </div></div>

Thats the same car I have only mine has a black interior. Pretty much perfect condition with only 70k miles on it. Let me know what you need pics of and I'll be glad to help.

Disregard, didn't notice the date, great job man! I'm keeping my all original as much as I'd like to do what you did with yours! Mine has too much documentation and all that collectible stuff to go changing things around. 70 GTO's were the peak and had all the modern day handling packages as well as an engine with at least 366 horsepower motor. My favorite though is the 65 with a 389 tri power. Enjoy the ride and well done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gtofan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Maybe lurk the boneyards for an early 60's catalina or grand prix and snag a 421 if you are lucky.

</div></div>

I have a 428 from a 67 Gran Prix in my attic. 400hp easy with factory parts.