• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any Hawaii shooters (oahu)

DEWD_STUFF

O⚡️3
Minuteman
May 19, 2017
Hi
Moving to Oahu in 7 months, wondering what shooting opportunities there are, ranges etc. AMMO availability at local shops etc. please help me!!!! The little research I have found is not leaving me a light in the tunnel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on Oahu, but I looked a gun shop up on Kauai and spoke to the owner. He told me that shooting was pretty much impossible unless it was private property. His church actually had a place to shoot. He said guns and ammo were available in stores but the regulations were a nightmare for transporting and purchasing. Carrying outside the home is almost non-existent.

According to him, the police chief had just signed off on 2 retired officers getting concealed carry permits and it was against his better judgement. He acted like the chief was only doing it because someone had political pull or tossing a bone to the cops. Otherwise he wouldn't have. These two were also Firearms Instructors.

Hawaii is a place I would love to retire to some day but not if I can't have my boom sticks.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but hope this helps.

Hawaiian gun laws are bar none some of the worst in the country.

That state is #50 on my list of where to live.

Moving to Oahu in 7 months, wondering what shooting opportunities there are, ranges etc. AMMO availability at local shops etc. please help me!!!! The little research I have found is not leaving me a light in the tunnel

Pu'uloa is 600 yds and is not far from Pearl Harbor. www.puuloa.com. There is Kokohead a public range on the other side of the island, i think it was 200yds. Every gun store was way overpriced and most of them had an attitude like they were doing me a favor. It's been well over 25 years since i was there, and like mentioned above the gun laws in Hawaii have changed for the worse .

Thanks for the info. I'm coming from California soooo I don't know how much worse the laws could get, I'm sure I will be able to navigate the laws with minimal hassle. The pu'uloa range is only military caliber so guess I'll be selling the 6.5cm.

bjay can probably help you out
My island is kauai all components need to be ship from Honolulu (oahu) and rate is crazy. Like mentioned above we no longer have our range so sign in as a hunter on hunting ground or some good buddy that own a private land are the only place we can practice or shoot LEGALLY. Now, you mentioned youre moving to oahu. You're from cali so im sure our dumb gun laws wont surprise you BUT i agree price of firearms or components here is wayyyyy overpriced primer and powders are gold here be ready for that.. Good thing is honolulu still has outdoor public ranges few indoor ranges and puuloa is the range that can offer you a long range.. Be aware that its military range so requirements will needed. I just finished f class competition there couple weeks ago and YES theres a way for us public to use the range. 600yards.theire other range is up to 1400meter but ive heard that strictly for military use. Imagine what we paid for flight, hotel car rental just to and compete? Well we love to shoot and those are just the price you have to pay.
Heres a little glance of puuloa range
WYFOX HOW YOU BEEN BROTHER!
FB_IMG_1512054942522.jpgFB_IMG_1512054946136.jpgFB_IMG_1512054951164.jpg

Last edited:
My island is kauai all components need to be ship from Honolulu (oahu) and rate is crazy. Like mentioned above we no longer have our range so sign in as a hunter on hunting ground or some good buddy that own a private land are the only place we can practice or shoot LEGALLY. Now, you mentioned youre moving to oahu. You're from cali so im sure our dumb gun laws wont surprise you BUT i agree price of firearms or components here is wayyyyy overpriced primer and powders are gold here be ready for that.. Good thing is honolulu still has outdoor public ranges few indoor ranges and puuloa is the range that can offer you a long range.. Be aware that its military range so requirements will needed. I just finished f class competition there couple weeks ago and YES theres a way for us public to use the range. 600yards.theire other range is up to 1400meter but ive heard that strictly for military use. Imagine what we paid for flight, hotel car rental just to and compete? Well we love to shoot and those are just the price you have to pay.
Heres a little glance of puuloa range
WYFOX HOW YOU BEEN BROTHER!

I appreciate your response, I had contacted some vendors on Oahu that said they carry powder and primers so I'm hoping to still be able to maintain some sort of ammunition supply be it that or with off the shelf stuff. I joined the hawaii2a forum to get the scoop on particularities in regard to the law.

I'm very familiar with pu'uloa. I was stationed at K bay from 09 to 13. Now I'm heading back. At the time didn't shoot though being that I was young and deployment schedules. Going back now I'm digging into the options of shooting. I don't shoot f class though... so I guess I may have to start if it's the only option past 100 yards to shoot.

I appreciate your response, I had contacted some vendors on Oahu that said they carry powder and primers so I'm hoping to still be able to maintain some sort of ammunition supply be it that or with off the shelf stuff. I joined the hawaii2a forum to get the scoop on particularities in regard to the law.

I'm very familiar with pu'uloa. I was stationed at K bay from 09 to 13. Now I'm heading back. At the time didn't shoot though being that I was young and deployment schedules. Going back now I'm digging into the options of shooting. I don't shoot f class though... so I guess I may have to start if it's the only option past 100 yards to shoot.

Im also 2Ahawaii member "stiedge40" theres quite a few competitions in you check there even prs and prs22 or NLR22 lot of pistol comp

Im also 2Ahawaii member "stiedge40" theres quite a few competitions in you check there even prs and prs22 or NLR22 lot of pistol comp

Wait? All these comps at pu'uloa??? If so I'm all the sudden much more optimistic