• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any Idaho people?

idahoshooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Idaho
Just curious if there are many Idaho/Eastern Oregon people on here. Nobody Ive talked to at any of the ranges has even heard about this site but I figured there had to be at least a couple guys on here.

Re: Any Idaho people?

Its good to see at least one other person. Are there any good ranges up your way? I go to school in Moscow and miss having the ranges at home.

You just have more targets of opportunity in the Nampa,Caldwell region of the state!!!

Dustin

We had a LOT of the WestCoastTactical.com shooters there in 2005 at Blacks range, Nampa..

That's Chuck Mawhinney in the center kneeled down in black with black hat - he came to hand out prizes as well..*Redman is right behind him, I'm two over to the right, all of the Neffs came, M700 is two to the left of *Redman...

Yeah we know Nampa, but when TheNailer moved back over here to my side the Idaho State Sniper championship ceased.....and Rumor has it that it will become the PNW sniper championship next year....

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">West Coast Tactical Members at Idaho SSC 2005</span> </span>
WCTinIdaho.jpg

For the Idaho Shooter there is a range at Lapwai - Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club.

I shoot high power competition at the Coeur d' Alene Rifle & Pistol Club on Atlas Road. Generally the 1st Saturday of the month.

The Fernan Gun Club out of Coeur d' Alene has a 400 yard range but it is a members only club unless you are part of a club registered shooting activity.

There is/was a range on Lenville Road out of Moscow run by the Palouse Practical Shooters.

Unfortunately with the amount of private land around Moscow it's much better if you know someone with property out of town...that's what I ended up doing to get out past 200yds.

Wow sorry guys, I started this checked it a couple times then forgot about it.

Its good to see life does exist in the spud state. Thanks for the range suggestions. I go to school in moscow but grew up in the valley, so Im down there quite often. I have plenty of land to go shoot on up here, just didnt know if there was an actual range.

Where is this blacks range in Nampa, Ive never heard of it. Ive been to Parma a few times, as well as the Homedale range but other than that Im clueless as to ranges in the valley.

There is no Blacks Creek range in Nampa . That photo was shot at Blacks Creek range out past the prison .

Which prison? Usually when people in my area say prison they are referring to the large one past Ontario. I doubt thats the one your talking about.

Gotcha. Forgot about the one out there as I hardly ever go farther south than the airport.

I have a quick question for those in ID. Thinking of making the move from CA and was wondering where I can find a summary of ID state gun laws. For example: what's legal, waiting period, how many you can buy in a certain amount of time and so on. Also what do you all hunt? Any P'dogs, rabbits, coyotes? I only just stated looking, so I really don't know much about ID at this time.
Thanks,
Mitch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MitchRE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a quick question for those in ID. Thinking of making the move from CA and was wondering where I can find a summary of ID state gun laws. For example: what's legal, waiting period, how many you can buy in a certain amount of time and so on. Also what do you all hunt? Any P'dogs, rabbits, coyotes? I only just stated looking, so I really don't know much about ID at this time.
Thanks,
Mitch </div></div>

LOL compared to what you are used to in CA you should be quite pleased with ID gun laws.

As for Idaho gun laws, this should just about sum it up

http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/18033KTOC.html

Boise here.

Shoot mostly out by blacks creek 10 minutes/SE boise)at the range and the desert.

Would like to see or shoot with some of the LR tactical guys. the 200Y target at the range is getting old and I want to bring it out more. Found a good spot for 700+yards nearby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">coeur d'alene here. </div></div>

same...

Another one of us from Coeur d'Alene.

New to this site. Known about Sniper's Hide for a few years now thanks to Lowlight.

Just never took the time to get over here.
Glad I finally did.

Currently in Spokane Valley, WA, but originally from North Idaho

I finally registered after browsing the forums for a few years now. It is nice to know that I am not alone here in the region...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azerious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">coeur d'alene here. </div></div>

same... </div></div>
Still have that Gerber knife from the eotech trade
smile.gif

From Ashton-Island Park area, but find myself in moscow area for school now. Had all kinds of land to shoot on back home, but not much up here.

older thread resurrection...

Boise here.

I'm out of CdA.

"The Fernan Gun Club out of Coeur d' Alene has a 400 yard range but it is a members only club unless you are part of a club registered shooting activity."

Actually the Fernan Rod and Gun club range goes out to 1100. Range is flat to 385yds then steel up the the hill sides. Great range. As a member u are allowed to have a guest. Matt

I'm in Spirit Lake.

It would be great to go out and shoot with some of you guys now that the weather has improved.

I've shot at Fernan a few times and did not realize it went that far. I usually go up on the mountain near my house and shoot across valley to closed logging roads for long range.

Anything under 400 I go out to the BLM land by Farragut Park.

If anyone near here wants to go shooting send me a PM.

Have not yet....

It looks interesting. I'll see if I can't make their next event.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed just realized Marput is the gentleman who puts on the shoots! Theyre held in Potomac MT. Just received an email stating July and August matches are cancelled at this point. Matt

I am in Caldwell. We have monthly steel matches in SW Idaho typically the 1st Saturday of every month. The Practical Precision/Tactical Rifle (PPTR) matches COF usally have about 12 stages ranging from 50m to 1000 yards shooting from many different positions. Most matches are about 60-65 rounds and last about 4 hours. It is a individual event but there is always someone there willing to spot and call your shots. A good way to spend a Saturday morning.

The club also has a quarterly shoot called Long Range Tactical Rifle (LRTR). It is a team event utilizing field skills. Most matches you will have stages in which you range your targets using a GPS, map, or scope. It is a very fun and challenging event and you almost always walk away with a broader knowledge base.

See the club calander below.

From Nampa but my career has other plans for me as of current.