• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any idea on centurion mk11 receiver wait times ?

Not_a_tackdriver

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2020
I’m waiting on their matched 308 receiver set, I emailed them checking on an ETA and they essentially said they have no idea and are at the mercy of their supplier.

Do these sets come in stock often? Should I be looking forward to sometime this year?

I recently sold a mega maten set because I strongly dislike their matched handguard options. Though the receiver set itself was very nice. Picked up a centurion handguard and I was floored with the quality for the price so I decided to keep the handguard and wait for their receiver. They also have an indexing pin now which is really nice. Very nice finish, and on top of that, a long beefy barrel nut :)

So now I’m at the mercy of when centurion will re stock. Bad decision? Maybe. I’m playing the long game and trying to flex a little patience for the payoff of a perfect rifle

Yes, I have an idea. Not likely to return.

The Centurion Mk11 upper was made elsewhere and sold by Centurion. So, if you are looking for a true Mk11 fit, that is difficult. If you just like the rail, Centurion makes their rails and does a very good job. The problem, as you are finding out, is that AR10/308AR rifle parts are not easily interchangeable. Best bet is to buy a matching upper and lower, although finding them in-stock is hard, and expensive.

Do you have a lower?

We have a collection of just about every attempt at an SR25 style upper, and some are better than others. All tend to fail the fit test in one way or another. Mega Maten is as close as it gets, but still does not accept the Mk11 barrel, but changes can be made to the barrel.

We are working on something similar, but small runs of custom designs are very expensive. We will get there.

I’m waiting on their matched 308 receiver set, I emailed them checking on an ETA and they essentially said they have no idea and are at the mercy of their supplier.

Do these sets come in stock often? Should I be looking forward to sometime this year?

I recently sold a mega maten set because I strongly dislike their matched handguard options. Though the receiver set itself was very nice. Picked up a centurion handguard and I was floored with the quality for the price so I decided to keep the handguard and wait for their receiver. They also have an indexing pin now which is really nice. Very nice finish, and on top of that, a long beefy barrel nut :)

So now I’m at the mercy of when centurion will re stock. Bad decision? Maybe. I’m playing the long game and trying to flex a little patience for the payoff of a perfect rifle
did you post on reddit looking for one maybe

Hah I totally forgot I was on Reddit.

It doesn’t have to be a mk11 / sr25 clone design, I was really wanting something to match the handguard which I already own.

I’m getting rid of the mega set in favor of something that either matches the centurion handguard very closely, or will find a matching receiver set with matching handguard.

I’ve done the mix and match rifles for so long I just want something that looks like it was all designed on the same computer.

Another part of me says, just paint the rifle and I won’t know the difference. Lol

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Uic10 builder sets are around $850. If I were to do another large frame build I’d probably go with their kit.

Looks like the price went to $900

I bought a Centurion set a few years ago and it was a huge out-of-spec disappointment.