• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Any ideas for Fort Lauderdale area?

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
Anyone have any ideas for anything in the Fort Lauderdale area?

I know the ranges are all mostly 100yrds, south a hour to homestead you have steel to 500, but not much for matches or meets outside of pistols and carbine it seems.

Just got a 22 as well, any thoughts on any matches/classes/etc?

Thanks!

Check out south Florida precision rifle association on book of faces.
PRS style matches at force center imi in Immokalee.

90 minutes, easy drive.

Volusia County has PRS too.

Reactions: TACC
Check out south Florida precision rifle association on book of faces.
PRS style matches at force center imi in Immokalee.

90 minutes, easy drive.

Volusia County has PRS too.

Immokalee seemed to e the place to go, but google maps say about 2.5hrs each way, Volusia is much further.

Be cool if we could even just set up a NRL22 (only 100yrds as I recall) at Markham park, seems like TONS of people in For Lauderdale and N Miami who would be all over it, they even fill the place up with a cowboy shoot and I’d think NRL22 would appeal to more than cowboy action?

I be willing to help make and soured the barricades

Last edited:
Immokalee seemed to e the place to go, but google maps say about 2.5hrs each way, Volusia is much further.

Be cool if we could even just set up a NRL22 (only 100yrds as I recall) at Markham park, seems like TONS of people in For Lauderdale and N Miami who would be all over it, they even fill the place up with a cowboy shoot and I’d think NRL22 would appeal to more than cowboy action?

I be willing to help make and soured the barricades
There is Okeechobee Shooting Sports. About 1:30 or 1:45 drive?

There is Okeechobee Shooting Sports. About 1:30 or 1:45 drive?

Not too shabby, 1:50 says google, still homestead is 1hr and markham is 27min, it would be really cool if there was enough interest to get something going there

I belong to homestead. They're doing upgrades to the 500 yard range. I know they have precision rifle classes there. I've never seen a precision rifle match set up, but if you had enough people, you could rent out the range.

Reactions: TurboTrout
I belong to homestead. They're doing upgrades to the 500 yard range. I know they have precision rifle classes there. I've never seen a precision rifle match set up, but if you had enough people, you could rent out the range.

Nice!

I noticed they had the 500 blocked off a bit on the calendar

Do you know if they are making any more barricades, as I recall they had a wood Czech hedgehog and the benches

Anyone have any ideas for anything in the Fort Lauderdale area?

I know the ranges are all mostly 100yrds, south a hour to homestead you have steel to 500, but not much for matches or meets outside of pistols and carbine it seems.

Just got a 22 as well, any thoughts on any matches/classes/etc?

Thanks!
I’m in Deerfield and tradecraft is 1.5 door to door... not a bad drive at all. As for training I haven’t see anything there but Florida Firearms has training up north I believe. BTW there is a match this weekend at tradecraft.

Nice!

I noticed they had the 500 blocked off a bit on the calendar

Do you know if they are making any more barricades, as I recall they had a wood Czech hedgehog and the benches

Not really sure about the upgrades other than target upgrades at 200, 300, 400 and 500. They are also upgrading the berms. RUmor is that they also upgrading the firing line.

You can rent the range at Markham and host your own action shoots. As does SFPC and IDPA group. Takes some doing and might be easier to drive to Immocolee and shoot with a good bunch.
Travel is part of a long range shooters life wile residing in Ft. Lauderdale.