• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any improvements on the Atlas 5H in the works

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
Now that the Atlas 5H has been in the field and used by a fair amount of shooters has there been any areas of improvement or a need of?

The Atlas 5H is a perfect fit for any large frame rifle - a excellent choice, but there is always room for improvements and technology advancements

One area of question is the medium to heavy rifles - here for example 26 lbs tend to tip or rock and then bind some and get all herky jerky needing to use more effort and two hands to get the rifle to rotate in the radius to level the rifle scope bubble. This may be all and fine to deal with in a day of shooting with some buds, but when shooting under a time restraint and under pressure the issue tends to be a set back. I am using one from the original intro group buy and we just recieved another last week to go on another 375 and they both are capable of the same issue - I made a mod for the 5H - 375 combo to the help issue some.

Its been a good year now that these have been in the hands of a group of shooters I know we had a large group buy here. Any discussion, feedback or concerns.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
Now that the Atlas 5H has been in the field and used by a fair amount of shooters has there been any areas of improvement or a need of?

The Atlas 5H is a perfect fit for any large frame rifle - a excellent choice, but there is always room for improvements and technology advancements

One area of question is the medium to heavy rifles - here for example 26 lbs tend to tip or rock and then bind some and get all herky jerky needing to use more effort and two hands to get the rifle to rotate in the radius to level the rifle scope bubble. This may be all and fine to deal with in a day of shooting with some buds, but when shooting under a time restraint and under pressure the issue tends to be a set back. I am using one from the original intro group buy and we just recieved another last week to go on another 375 and they both are capable of the same issue - I made a mod for the 5H - 375 combo to help issue some.

Its been a good year now that these have been in the hands of a group of shooters I know we had a large group buy here. Any discussion, feedback or concerns.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Curious what the mod you made on the 5H was. Did it smooth out the swivel capability? In my experience the LRA handles the weight of a boomer more effectively and has a much smoother function. The problem lies IMO in the inherent design differences. Would like to see a gen II 5H......

photo51454.jpg
Both 375s will be at the KO2M in 2017 and they both have the Atlas 5H bi-pods. The upper addition is attached solid to help eliminate the bind and herky jerky with one hand on the lock tab while reaching foward laying prone and the other hand used to rotate the rifle in the comb-pistol grip stock area.

Last edited:
I like it!
Yes we've had them on the market for about a year +/- and just recently got caught up with them and as always, we are interested in making our products better. I'm going to get some other pressing design work done then I'll have a look at doing what you've demonstrated, which is really spreading the "pinch point" and makes perfect sense. Whatever we end up with that way, you'll get one free for your trouble.

Thanks, just trying to make a great bi-pod work a little better.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

oneshot.onehit, thanks for sharing! We do listen to our customers to build better gear.