• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Any info on custom rifle builders in tennessee?

Re: Any info on custom rifle builders in tennessee?

Preadator Arms in Knoxville are a great bunch of guys.They do bolt and ARs.
I have an 18" AR in 223 7 twist that is a hammer!

If you are going to the trouble to build a custom rifle, I'd focus more on getting the right smith and less on having him local. I thought local was important and located a top smith about an hour away....shouldn't be to hard to find one in Phoenix right? He turned out to do less than stellar work in spite of his reputation. I gave Pierce Engineering ( in Lansing, MI) a try on my tubegun build and he did everything absolutely perfectly...I mean everything. I'm picky as hell and found numerous problems with my first "top" smith. Pierce had flawless work. Give them a call and spend a little on shipping instead of gasoline: you won't regret it.

+1000 on Predator Custom Shop, they do all my work. And I have sent all my friends there. Nothing but good comes out of that place. Jim is working on 2 AR10's for my father and I right now. Can't wait to get them back. They are good people.

My friend commissioned Predator Custom Shop to build a Remington 700 in 308 with a Rock barrel in an AICS with an old Remington Trigger. That rifle shot so well that I commissioned them to build my next rifle – a Badger M2008, Schneider M40, Jewell, Manners T4A and Badger DBM. I’ll let you know how she shoots when the stock arrives and they can finish the build.

Predator in Knoxville is at, (865) 521-0625. I think they are open something like 9 to 6pm Tuesday thru Saturday. Don't hold me to those days & times. Jim Ruiz is the main man. Or Bob Howard is the main machinist / smith. They're building a custom 30-06 for one of my friends right now. Bob has done a lot of work for me over the years.

I just sent my action and barrel to Texas. What part of TN are you from?

If you can get Howard Pitts to do it you would have a very nice rifle.

Pitts Precicion Rifles 931-425-6895

Another +1 for Predator.