• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any info on JAE

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
I know about 2 years ago they closed their doors and then MDT bought them out. I see on JAE website that you can still order accessories and that a chassis is "coming soon"

Any idea as to when this might be coming out?

With MDT touching it,-

thoughts on it being a 2.0

will they continue to offer the colors and custom cheek prints?

From the facebook.
C368ADA4-D24E-4529-870C-2C6AAE82AE4E.png

Wonder if that new vertical grip in the picture is permanently molded in or replaceable? Hopefully the latter, be nice to have several grip options.

Glad to see there's progress being made. I only have one JAE stock currently but really like it.

Wonder if that new vertical grip in the picture is permanently molded in or replaceable?
Its got the same two bolt holes the OG one did so it looks quite removable. I'm surprised as it looks like it would be backward compatible with the OG chassis but at one time when MK Machining was working on OG JAE chassis modified grips (just a few months ago), I believe MDT said that they would not be backward compatible. But, I may well not be remembering this correctly.

The other thing that surprises me in this picture is the butt pad. Its the same....some sort of silicon material maybe??....lousy pad that came with the OG chassis. I have no idea why anybody would want to do this as the OG butt pad seems to clearly be an expensive injection mold product and its inferior IMO to many much less expensive pads from Kick-eeze, Pachmyr, Limbsaver, etc. I'm sure those companies would make pads with any hole pattern that MDT wanted but on the other hand I would also not understand MDT not modify the mounting hole pattern in the back plate to match that of EVERY OTHER FUCKING BUTT PAD on the market! haha

I took off the OG pad from my JAE and had my buddy grind a thinner Kick-eeze for it. It sticks to my shoulder better and it reduces felt recoil better, IMO.

OG Pad

1627837764848.jpeg

Kick-eeze installed

1627837793289.jpeg

P.S. - the grip in the pic is still too far back for my short fingers. I do indeed love the MK Machining modified grip and it has improved my ability to control the gun/trigger a great deal. Note, there is a added bolt to the MK grip to keep the front strap halves tight but it does not require any mod to the chassis at all to install. The other two bolts are what I was talking about wrt to the MDT pic above....these are the OG JAE bolt locations.

1627837079961.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas