• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any info on RRA 22LR uppers?

EddieE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
I'm considering getting a RRA 22LR upper or a full build rifle. I can't seem to find much user reviews on them. Does anyone have one and what are your impressions.

I'm considering getting a RRA 22LR upper or a full build rifle. I can't seem to find much user reviews on them. Does anyone have one and what are your impressions.

This fella has posted a couple times about his RRA 22LR. I have a couple different brands of 22LR uppers already but I wouldn't hesitate to go this route. It is my understanding that RRA, Nordic Components, and JP Enterprises all use the same bolt (JP has lightened theirs). There's another thread there that goes into greater detail. Would be a good place to search.

Mine is on order. When I shoot it, I'll give a report.

Thanks the lead time is 8 months for an upper. That's crazy! In 8 months my interests will change and I will have a brand new upper for sale :)

I had a Spike's Tactical dedicated 22 LR upper with a Lothar Walther barrel. Nice shooting rifle and likes CCI Mini-Mag ammo the best. Spikes has a great reputation for their rifles and are American made in Florida. They use Black Dog magazines, I believe. Alas, I sold it to move on to other things. I would not expect any 22 LR on an AR-15 platform to produce match gun accuracy, but they are fun to shoot. RRA makes good stuff too.

P.S. Spikes doesn't show any 22 LR uppers on their website, but I think they are still available. Call them.

I had a Spike's Tactical dedicated 22 LR upper with a Lothar Walther barrel. Nice shooting rifle and likes CCI Mini-Mag ammo the best. Spikes has a great reputation for their rifles and are American made in Florida. They use Black Dog magazines, I believe. Alas, I sold it to move on to other things. I would not expect any 22 LR on an AR-15 platform to produce match gun accuracy, but they are fun to shoot. RRA makes good stuff too.

P.S. Spikes doesn't show any 22 LR uppers on their website, but I think they are still available. Call them.

I have a V22 for accuracy, I want an AR22 for plinking suppressed.

Idk where you heard that. I’ve never had a feeding problem. Just a few FTE with some ammo. Look up IV8888s 22lr meltdown....
Good to know. I heard that on youtube, and from a source that sells after market kits to make the guns run well (they don't sell mags btw). Said CMMG mags are hit or miss. Black dog mags are supposedly better. I don't have a dog in the fight, since I don't have a gun yet. But trying to learn as much before I buy.

Bear Creek Arsenal just came to market with a 16" side-charging 22LR dedicated upper. It looks to use the same bolt as the RRA, JP, Nordic design except they put a side-charger on it. $350 if they're still in stock.

Bear Creek Arsenal just came to market with a 16" side-charging 22LR dedicated upper. It looks to use the same bolt as the RRA, JP, Nordic design except they put a side-charger on it. $350 if they're still in stock.

Far better price than the CMMG or RRA.

Used the BCA AR 22 upper last weekend at an Appleseed rifle event. Upper functioned well and the quality seems very good. Lower was an Aero Precision M4E1 with Magpul rifle stock and LaRue 2stage trigger. Accuracy allowed Rifleman score first time out. Did have one FTE in about 400 rounds of CCI minimags using Black Dog mags. Have not had a chance to check for absolute accuracy. The bolt seems to be proprietary, at least not similar to the twin guided Ciener/ CMMG style. Unfortunately the Better-Mag adapter does not work with this upper tho' will work on mods to change that. Overall happy with the all metal construction and approximate weight of centerfire upper.

Reactions: erik72
I have a 22lr CLE (Compass Lake Engineering) build and its super accurate and sweet. Lots of options available.