• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any info on the Leupold CMR-w Grid reticle

DHwreckage

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2010
Hey guys,

was looking at a Leupold Mark 6 and a great deal came up with the CMR-W Grid, I wanted to see if there was anyone that had experience with them.

The alleged CMR-W Grid reticle is pictured below:
CMR-W%20GRID_300x300.png

I haven't been able to find any info on the reticle through my google foo on any forums. the Leupold website also doesn't list specs for it just that they have it. T

his scope is going to be going on my T3x CTR in .308 and will be my hunting and target rifle.

id be grateful if anyone had and information or experience to share about the CMR-W Grid! or any experience with this scope to share. i am mainly looking at this scope because it is the shortest and lightest scope that i think can be used for hunting and target.

Its their CMR-W BDC reticle with a simple grid below. Most on here will deride a BDC reticle, as it will tend to specific to a particular round. You'll have to decide if you can make it work for your purposes (I could and did...)

Here are the subtensions from the (extremely hard to find) manual:

PA190271_zpsihsyosdg.jpg

It depends. I have it on my Leupold 1-6x and it is well placed there. At 6x, to be honest, I am not doing hold-offs, and the BDC type reticle at 4x and 6x is exactly what I need. At higher magnifications, it become less and less attractive, IMHO. Beynd 10x, I would rather have a basic mil gradient, and beyond 18x, I start longing for Horus reticles,l but that is me.