• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Instagram users here? Could use your help.

Jethro3898

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2011
Dothan, AL
Because I am a dad that loves his daughter, I’m asking any and all Hide members who are Instagram users to go like my daughter’s photo for an upcoming pageant…..

Edit:
But apparently I have seen the error of my ways. I should have known better, but had a momentary lapse in judgment.

Last edited:
EFA4FF9D-1E88-441C-8DF8-B3ED13AB3618.gif

This girl is a cautionary tale, she came in second so she hung herself….. my son knew her

Yea that’s gonna be pass for me dawg. I don’t think it’s appropriate for anybody let alone a grown men to be voting for which pre pubescent girl that’s made to look like an older girl looks better. This whole thread just feels dirty and wrong.

Tell me about it.

Having a daughter so involved in these pageants, my entire life feels weird.
Then put your fucking foot down.....she could play sports, play an instrument. Why put in her In a pageant where she plastered all over the Internet and where she "has" to look a certain way or she will be mentally destroyed. Fuck that noise.

Doc

Some of you guys are full of more crap than a Christmas turkey. I have a daughter who is has been in dance since she was 3, pageants since she was 4, cheer since she was in 1st grade. She has literally made straight A’s in every class since 1st grade. She volunteers her time to help the needy. She asked her mother and grandmother to teach her how to cook things. One day when she was 5 she saw a “beauty pageant lady” singing the national anthem at some sporting event on TV. She asked me, “Dad, what is she doing?” I told her what the national anthem was. She listened to the song on YouTube for days learning the words. She asked her Sunday school leader if she could sing the national anthem before class. She did. She’s sang it in front of hundreds of people at a pageant. And guys…..she’s not a very good singer….but it’s not about that. She saw a girl on TV who did the ventriloquist puppet. My daughter thought it was funny and bought a puppet with her own money and created her own skit for kids at her school. No one tells her to do any of this stuff. She wants to because she loves other people, she likes to entertain people and make them laugh.

So, when I came home yesterday my daughter asked if I knew anyone on Instagram I told her “not many people”. She told me about the little contest for her upcoming pageant. I told her I would make a post on a shooting forum I was a member of.

I guess I should have known better.

I knew I would have gotten a few funny comments. Part of it. Didn’t think grown men would take time to to tell me “fuck that noise” or “hard pass”. Figured you would have just read the request and moved on in silence….like normal adults do all around the world every day. And I also appreciate the parenting advice about putting my foot down and giving my daughter another hobby that you think is better for her overall maturity and development. You’re right. Maybe the next time my daughter asks me to help her with yet another sport she wants to play or yet another talent she wants to develop or yet another charitable event she wants to participate in, I’ll man up, take charge of my household, put my wife in her place, and tell my daughter to “fuck that noise. If you don’t want to fish, or play the piano you can hang it up. I ain’t raising no girl with dreams and goals.” She is only 9 years old. She is self-motivated and competitive. She likes people and she likes to win. And as a parent I am not going to do anything to discourage her from setting a goal, pursuing it, and achieving it. I’ll let the assholes of this world….much like the ones in this forum….discourage her in life.

Geez.

Social media and how many “likes” a young girl gets has been proven to be extremely bad for the mental health of kids.

I will not ever be putting my daughter in any kind of competition where she looses is if she “isn’t pretty enough”

You do you, sounds like it’s all going well, I hope for her sake and yours that it’s more beneficial than harmful in long run but statistically it won’t. Large percentages of Young girls who participate have lower self esteem and develop eating disorders. And the sexualization of children is flat out wrong. Sorry.

As a man of the house, yes sometimes it is your role to know what is best in the long run for you child and put your foot down.

Social media
It's been around long before the internet existed.

I knew a girl in school in the 80's that tried to commit suicide and had anorexia because she didn't think she was pretty enough. She was one of the prettiest kids in school.

I have two friends that have lost three kids to suicide (one lost both her sons within just a few weeks) driven by self-esteem issues. One of the kids that went to school with my daughter had multiple attempts as well. He's a great kid with a great foster family.

Another with a hovering mom that pressured her (adopted from orphanage in Ukraine) so much to be her perfect child she ran away from home. Never seen again. She was beautiful.

It's heart breaking.

Dressing up a child like a hooker then posting on social media is just creepy.

Everyone has their opinion, but this is where the line needs to be drawn you jerk. You made quite a leap with this one.

I will fully admit, I might not have lived a life like yours, so I haven’t seen many “hookers”. But your hyperbolic comment is foolish and uncalled for. My daughter certinaly doesn’t look like a hooker, in fact, I don’t think she is even allowed to wear make-up in this particular pageant…..which I assume is a “hooker” prerequisite. Did you even see the photo, or are you just commenting to pad your post count? If you saw her photo and equated it with a hooker, I will pray for you.

She is a 9 year old child who asked me to do her a favor. Nothing more. I knew I would get some funny comments and a little ribbing (no harm in some banter) but the line must be drawn at the point your either directly or indirectly compare my daughter to a hooker. You could either click on the photo or not, really no dissertation on your take of modern societal norms was necessary. I love both of my children and I find it odd that someone would call into question my parenting. I’m not “pimping my daughter out”, bud. She is in a contest to see who could get the most likes on their photo. Quite literally as simple as that.

A well-adjusted adult would have seen the title of the thread and said to himself, “I’m not on Instagram, so there is really no point in me commenting.” Or a well-adjusted adult could have said to himself, “I’m on Instagram, but I don’t really want to participate in this request (for whatever personal beliefs I may hold).” But here some of you are thinking, “why don’t I just call this guys parenting skills into question. Maybe even equate what he asking to child endangerment. Surely this guy doesn’t know this photo is the beginning of the end for his family.”

Contrary to what you or your ilk may believe, most modern day pageants have little to nothing to do with “beauty” anymore, hence them simply being referred to as “pageants”. These aren’t the Honey Boo-Boo pageants in a hotel. These young women are awarded college scholarships, etc. The young women are taught gracefulness, manners, and public speaking. They are judged more on their public poise and ability to carry on intelligent conversations than what they look like. Many pageants don’t even allow the younger girls to wear make-up. I have yet to see a single one dressed up like a “hooker”.

I’ve already admitted, I made a mistake….but let’s keep grinding out collective point. I took the link down. I just hope to God my daughter doesn’t ask me if anyone said they were going to click like on her photo. Poor thing just doesn’t know she is already on a irredeemable path of moral turpitude.

Maybe one day we can meet and I can sit at the master’s feet and take lessons on “how a real man runs a family”.

Give me a massive break.
Yes…..you took it too far.

I know. I know, “Lighten up Francis”.

You asked for opinions on a public forum, and I shared mine - which are based on personal experience, that's all. I can appreciate they don't fit your value system.

Everyone has their opinion, but this is where the line needs to be drawn you jerk. You made quite a leap with this one.

I will fully admit, I might not have lived a life like yours, so I haven’t seen many “hookers”. But your hyperbolic comment is foolish and uncalled for. My daughter certinaly doesn’t look like a hooker, in fact, I don’t think she is even allowed to wear make-up in this particular pageant…..which I assume is a “hooker” prerequisite. Did you even see the photo, or are you just commenting to pad your post count? If you saw her photo and equated it with a hooker, I will pray for you.

She is a 9 year old child who asked me to do her a favor. Nothing more. I knew I would get some funny comments and a little ribbing (no harm in some banter) but the line must be drawn at the point your either directly or indirectly compare my daughter to a hooker. You could either click on the photo or not, really no dissertation on your take of modern societal norms was necessary. I love both of my children and I find it odd that someone would call into question my parenting. I’m not “pimping my daughter out”, bud. She is in a contest to see who could get the most likes on their photo. Quite literally as simple as that.

A well-adjusted adult would have seen the title of the thread and said to himself, “I’m not on Instagram, so there is really no point in me commenting.” Or a well-adjusted adult could have said to himself, “I’m on Instagram, but I don’t really want to participate in this request (for whatever personal beliefs I may hold).” But here some of you are thinking, “why don’t I just call this guys parenting skills into question. Maybe even equate what he asking to child endangerment. Surely this guy doesn’t know this photo is the beginning of the end for his family.”

Contrary to what you or your ilk may believe, most modern day pageants have little to nothing to do with “beauty” anymore, hence them simply being referred to as “pageants”. These aren’t the Honey Boo-Boo pageants in a hotel. These young women are awarded college scholarships, etc. The young women are taught gracefulness, manners, and public speaking. They are judged more on their public poise and ability to carry on intelligent conversations than what they look like. Many pageants don’t even allow the younger girls to wear make-up. I have yet to see a single one dressed up like a “hooker”.

I’ve already admitted, I made a mistake….but let’s keep grinding out collective point. I took the link down. I just hope to God my daughter doesn’t ask me if anyone said they were going to click like on her photo. Poor thing just doesn’t know she is already on a irredeemable path of moral turpitude.

Maybe one day we can meet and I can sit at the master’s feet and take lessons on “how a real man runs a family”.

Give me a massive break.
Yes…..you took it too far.

I know. I know, “Lighten up Francis”.
This went just like every other thread in the pit.....c'mon you cant be suprised in the results, right?

You asked for opinions on a public forum, and I shared mine - which are based on personal experience, that's all. I can appreciate they don't fit your value system.

Hmmmmm

That’s strange.
I don’t remember asking for anyone’s opinion. I asked for their index finger to click a button on their mouse/phone screen. No opinions requested, just the exercising of some fine motor skills.

In fairness, I am also aware that people offer their unsolicited opinion online all the time. I am even guilty of the same transgression.

It’s all good.

Reactions: eflyguy
Just use our fine motor skills to click a button . It's not that simple. Some of us have brains and wonder about the repercussions of clicking that button. You are asking for our approval by clicking said button. It's not about how great your daughter is. It's about how shitty this world has become. By putting her out there on these platforms you have unknowingly painted a bullseye on her. There are a lot of sick fucks out there. Cases where sickos find a way to contact these kids without your knowledge through all the social media platforms. No one is getting down on your daughter or her dreams. She is an innocent and we are expressing our concern for her well being.

Just use our fine motor skills to click a button . It's not that simple. Some of us have brains and wonder about the repercussions of clicking that button. You are asking for our approval by clicking said button. It's not about how great your daughter is. It's about how shitty this world has become. By putting her out there on these platforms you have unknowingly painted a bullseye on her. There are a lot of sick fucks out there. Cases where sickos find a way to contact these kids without your knowledge through all the social media platforms. No one is getting down on your daughter or her dreams. She is an innocent and we are expressing our concern for her well being.

I certainly appreciate your concern and the point you were trying to make (I know this sounds sarcastic, but it isn't....I appreciate anyone who has a legitimate concern for anyone in my family).

You (and I'm sure others who have posted) were so eager to drive home a point that they made one critical mistake that derailed the entire purpose of the thread. You made the incorrect assumption that I was asking you to go to my daughter's social media account and like a photo of her. My daughter has neither a social media account or a cell phone.....because she is 9 years old and doesn't need either. When she is able to drive, we'll talk about the cell phone.

The picture I linked to was her "media headshot" for the pageant (the judges get a copy of this photo and her photo is also used in the program for the pageant....much like the photo taken of your son for his pee-wee football program that you buy at home games). The picture was posted by the pageant administrator on the pageant's official Instagram page. If a weirdo/sicko was to try and contact my daughter, they'd have a hard time because she has absolutely no direct link to that page.

The best analogy I can offer is like someone going to the Central High School's Instagram page and liking your favorite photo of of your son celebrating a touchdown at a football game in the hopes that the photo of your son would get the most likes so that he could win free season tickets to next year's football games. You nor anyone else can contact your son through that photo or through private messaging the Central High School Instagram page. Why? Because your son has zero affiliation with that page.....They just have a picture of him on their page. If you were to private message that page, you'd be messaging a middle-aged lady named Susan who has likely never met your son and has no way of ever contacting him.

So often it is fun to start to pile on once you see friends jumping on the pile in the middle of the field.
Only the first guy thought he saw a ball on the ground....unfortunately, those who followed the first guy are simply sweaty teammates who enjoy spooning each other.

Last edited: