• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any issues reloading 338 Lapua on a Forster Co-Ax?

mattmcg

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2007
CA
Thinking about adding a 338 Lapua rifle to the mix and am wondering if there are any issues with reloading 338 Lapua on a Forster Co-Ax press. I'd probably go with the Redding Type S full length resizer die and the competition bullet seating die and was wondering if I'd have any issues with it.

Can some of you 338 Lapua reloader's chime in on your experiences?

Re: Any issues reloading 338 Lapua on a Forster Co-Ax?

I do not use my Co-Ax for 338LM as it does not have the space needed. I purchase a Lee Classic and it works great for 338LM and makes the process nice and easy. The Lee is very economical and its nice having the second press.

Re: Any issues reloading 338 Lapua on a Forster Co-Ax?

You will have to either get the second set of jaws-xs/xl or else get the adapter that lets you use a regular shellholder. The older Co-Ax presses wouldn't handle the micrometer head seating dies but the new ones will. I don't remember why but I size on Co-Ax press and use a standard press for seating bullets with my Forster micrometer seating die. I know I did this for a reason but haven't loaded 338LM in a while and I forgot why I had to.

david

Re: Any issues reloading 338 Lapua on a Forster Co

Older Co-Ax presses need a handle upgrade to accommodate micrometer dies.

I end up sliding the Forester micrometer die outboard to remove loaded round. A standard die would have plenty of room. As stated above the optional jaws are a must but they work fine on a variety of other cases.

Seems to work just fine for me. I use the Forster Benchrest dies. I do need to put the tip of the bullet up into the seater die to place it in the case, but that's nothing. I lifts the loaded round straight up, then tip the base towards me on removal, again, no problem.

I've loaded to 4" COAL with no issues. A new press has the new handle for the micrometer dies. You do need to order the large size shellholder jaws, they do not come with the press.

Great, thanks for the info everybody...........