• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any IT jobs out there

RJW

Old Retarded Top
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2004
Indiana
Have a young friend who is looking for an IT job. Out of the Airforce ( I have forgiven him for that choice) for 2 years and got laid off a couple months ago from a new company that closed it's doors. Has wife and 4 kids to take care of.

Here is a summary of his job experience:
Nine years experience identifying and solving IT problems

Extensive experience setting up and maintaining differing network topologies

Adept at providing customer support to troubleshoot IT issues
Designed and built Linux server with Apache, Perl/CGI, FTP, Samba, firewall, mail, and extensive file permissions

Top Secrect/SCI clearance in 2009.

Let me know if you know where he can apply. He would love to end up in Colorado, but right now he just needs a good job to take care of his family. He has out over 100 applications and resumes around the country.

Thanks

Re: Any IT jobs out there

Monster.com

I work for Mantech - awesome company and they do a lot of Army/Navy/AF work - HIGHLY recommend this company (Despite being put on swings)...

If he cannot locate a job, also highly suggest since he has AF experience with the whole DIACAP process to get his Security+ - it's REQUIRED on DOD networks but also go further and get the CISSP - it'll VASTLY improve his chances of getting hired...

CISSP brought me in at 36/hr for doing swing shift IT work....which is why despite hating swings, it's good pay...

Anyway those are my thoughts, Security Plus is REQUIRED, have him get it out of the way - should be easy...

CISSP _ very good on the resume.

What's the location, have him email me a copy of his resume and I'll put it on the internal employee referral program ($1500 finders fee for me too!)

Thanks Scott.

His name is Ryan Prather. I dropped him a note to send his resume. Hope he gets a job and you get $1500

Thanks again,

RJ

Thanks Scott.

His name is Ryan Prather. I dropped him a note to send his resume. Hope he gets a job and you get $1500

Thanks again,

RJ

Thank you. Passed it on to Ryan

If he is looking for a IT position, he needs to be looking at Dice.com. I just did a search for you and there are 80+ positions in Colorado that require some form of a security clearance. As stated before, he needs to get his certs knocked out. No certs, no DOD positions...

B

Thanks Switch. Ryan has done another 100 applications since yesterday thanks to leads from the members here

I put his resume in our company's inside site.

Yeah USA jobs is good for the gov, since CHART is going away - downside is that like any government project it can take as long as mating elephants...

Thanks Scott and everyone who has posted and emailed me. I talked to Ryan today and he is hard at work completing applications and sending out his resumes.