• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Any kills with Berger 6 mm 105 VLD?

Brazense

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Sweden
I recently got a Remington rebarreled in 6XC and have had it out for some hunting but as of yet I have not managed to fire it at anything other than targets.

I use a moly coated Berger VLD 105 grain, factory loaded by Norma, and am curious to see if anyone here has shot an animal with that perticular bullet and if so, to what effect.

Hope this isn't post #479 about this...

//M

Re: Any kills with Berger 6 mm 105 VLD?

I use the VLD hunting bullet 105 in a .243 ........it is a clean killer in my experience on deer.

I've used the bullet in a 8 twist .243AI. Very explosive on coyotes..the berger hunting bullets are designed to penetrate a couple inches and then more or less go off like a hand grenade...turning the vitals to jelly. Probably okay on thin skinned game- would go to a bullet with controlled expansion on larger animals. Very accurate in my experience.

Thanks ggmanning!

dibbs; Are you also using hunting VLD's?

Normas XC is the target version I belive so any info on that bullet would be very interesting.

Regards

Have used them on deer and antelope out to 1k. They work really well, critters drop in their tracks with correct shot placement.

My son used the 105vld hunting version out of a 6xc to kill his first buck this year. 315 yard shot, dropped in its tracks, dead within 5 seconds. Effective, like all of the berger hunting bullets I have used.