• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Any Knife Makers on the Hide?

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Would be interested in commissioning some work for a gift for my wife. Specifically, she absolutely loves champagne and I would love to get a champagne saber made for her.

Reactions: dspjaggar
I’d take a saber as well. All the ones in stores seem to not be much value for the price.

Reactions: kthomas
You might try Half face blades.
I have not seen a saber on their sight but they do custom work.
They recently did a custom hatchet for Ozzy that was outstanding.

Reactions: kthomas
You might try Half face blades.
I have not seen a saber on their sight but they do custom work.
They recently did a custom hatchet for Ozzy that was outstanding.

I just looked at their website, really cool stuff! Sent them an email to see if they would be willing to make one.

Try Atlanta Cutlery, Windlass Steelcrafts, Zombie tools, or Cold Steel. I think one of them would have something that would work for you if Spblademaker doesn't work out.

Had to look that up....I thought that's what it was...I've been working on a blade, nowhere near that fancy, but this is certainly an interesting topic/query....so long as you're prepared for the empty bottle part....it's a natural progression...:ROFLMAO:

1597548508747.png

Reactions: Knoxblades
I used to forge lots of knives, but the big shop is gone. I recently found a box of handle materials that contains scales and blocks of exotic hardwoods, kudu and impala horn, Giraffe bone scales, and three large caramel colored chunks of Steller's sea cow rib bone.

I am interested in acquiring a forged carbon steel fighting bowie blank between 9-11" with a sharpened back edge tip so I can mount some of this handle material onto it. I really like some of the Bagwell fighting bowie shapes if that helps. I would be happy to either trade all or part of the handle materials I have, or cash always works.

If this is posted in the wrong place, please let me know where I should post it.