• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any KP-9 love?

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
Anyone have any experience with this thing? In the braced pistol or SBR format

Thinking a mix between shooting steel at the range duty, and home defense/truck gun duty.

Reactions: Makinchips208
Not KP-9, but KR-9. Awesome, wicked fun gun! 200yd gong shots easy-peasy. Rivals the Mp-5 clone for me. The hinged dust cover is solid and with a red dot mounted, it's a very, very fun, satisfying gun.

....aaaaaand with a binary trigger installed (a very, very simple, cheap, yet effective homemade AK binary trigger can be found on Weapons Guild) this thing ROCKS.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurboTrout
Not KP-9, but KR-9. Awesome, wicked fun gun! 200yd gong shots easy-peasy. Rivals the Mp-5 clone for me. The hinged dust cover is solid and with a red dot mounted, it's a very, very fun, satisfying gun.

....aaaaaand with a binary trigger installed (a very, very simple, cheap, yet effective homemade AK binary trigger can be found on Weapons Guild) this thing ROCKS.
What’s the difference with a KR vs KP

Shot well when I tried one.

KR-9 : rifle length 16" barrel.
KP-9 : pistol length.
I think everything else is same same, except of course the full buttstock trunnion vs pistol butt trunnion.

KP-9’s are a lot of fun. Add a 3 lug adapter and a good can and it’s a hoot with subsonics.

What optic does everyone like for these?

Looked at a SRO, liked the low bore axis, also the 510C which had a great window, I like the circle and dot, but it’s big and high.

Mounting an optic on an AK can be problematic.
The traditional method is to rivet a side rail to the left side of the receiver, which is solid as can be. Other methods include replacing either the dust cover with a rail mounted cover, replacing the rear sight leaf with an optic mount, or replacing the upper handguard with a rail mount/integral upper handguard. Of these three options, the dust cover mount and upper handguard mount are least stable, those parts being moveable. That's why the Rus designed the hinged dust cover: fixed, unmoveable forward end, locked rear end and fairly stable setup. So you have more options with this gun. However, with the KR-9 being a side folder, the side rail isnt an option. These are obvious, sorry for being pedantic.

That said, any decent red-dot that fits on your dust cover rail will add quick target acquisition, especially if you co-locate (whats the proper term here?) your red-dot to the iron sights. Its a great, do-able thing.

Any 1x see through optic works well here. Since range is defined by the 9mm pistol cartridge, no need for magnification.

I have a Sig-Sauer Romeo with about 1" lift, allowing use of the iron sights. Works well for me. I like the option of the see-through red-dot base.

Last edited:
Went with the vortex, seems pretty good

Going to be adding the triangle brace when it comes back in stock, as well as a lower rail hand guard for a light and maybe a CMC trigger.

Was debating a more old school looking wood grip and upper cover

Even shooting it in pistol mode it’s a hoot! Mags also load super easy.

Looking into co witnessing the sights

629-C7-B77-29-A4-4-E21-965-C-9-E5-AF4-B9-DAEF.jpg

I think any AKM furniture will fit these guns, except Yugo or milled handguards. Any AK upper handguard will fit, except Yugo. AK pistol grips are pretty much totally interchangeable; length of grip screw varies, but nothing else. Wood is definately cooler. I mean, plastic heats up quick. Wood, not so much.

Last edited:
I know it’s not a KP9, just a lowly AK-V. But when these 9mm AK’s were announced, I had to have one. Mine’s been SBR’d now for a few months and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I shoot mine suppressed about 90% of the time using an older Ti-rant 9m. With 150gr Syntechs, it is stupid quiet and pretty accurate for what it is. Would make a bad ass end of the world cqb gun. You need to just grab one OP if you are on the fence. I really like mine.

3r2s6a.jpg

Any way you can post the binary info? I can’t access the Weapons Guild site from multiple browsers or devices.

I know it’s not a KP9, just a lowly AK-V. But when these 9mm AK’s were announced, I had to have one. Mine’s been SBR’d now for a few months and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I shoot mine suppressed about 90% of the time using an older Ti-rant 9m. With 150gr Syntechs, it is stupid quiet and pretty accurate for what it is. Would make a bad ass end of the world cqb gun. You need to just grab one OP if you are on the fence. I really like mine.

3r2s6a.jpg

9mm AKs are a hoot!

Got the same RDS

Does that cowitness?

I’ve been looking at adding a light to the pic rail on the front sight, vs a new lower hand guard with mlok, going back and forth with taking the furniture off being it’s a pretty legit 1:1 historic clone.

My inner OCD just has a issue within hanging stuff from the barrel, any input on the right way to do it?

TLR on the factory barrel pic

Vs a owl light on a mlok lower hand guard