• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any long range rifle shooting near San Antonio, TX

One_Man

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2009
Selma, Texas
I was wondering if any of you South Texas guys knew of a range that has 400+ yard shooting near San Antonio. I used to have a great spot on 80 acres near Karnes City but the land was sold when my Grandfather passed away several years ago. Now I'm stuck with 100 yard ranges.

Re: Any long range rifle shooting near San Antonio, TX

Options are limited here in Austin, too. Don't know of anything beyond 100 yards (and most ranges are indoors which means you have to deal with some dangerous idiot next to you who's shooting his new cannon for the first time. Or, even worse, some kid at the pistol range is waving a handgun around and shooting it sideways as fast as he can). Forget that.

Um, Kerrville has a nice 600yd range, it's a good hour from SA though... I'm able to shoot where I work, but we don't open it to the general public.

D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HitEmHard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Um, Kerrville has a nice 600yd range, it's a good hour from SA though... I'm able to shoot where I work, but we don't open it to the general public.

D </div></div>

Do you have more info for this place? Did a search and all I came up with is a 100 yd range.