• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any love for FN15 Competition?

KAIFS

-mistake recognized is half-corrected-
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2019
Midwest, USA!
So, received my FN15 Competition. Rather pricey item but figured for something that “supposedly” needed nothing but sights/glass perhaps $2k+ was not that bad...
So, I heavily favor piston design and side charging handle (all things considered, such are added weight and parts availability (Sig556 for example), etc.) so leaping into M4 platform (with certain drawbacks of it )was not particularly exciting for me. Well, I did some test running (reliability and accuracy) of this “obnoxiously blue” rifle.
When reviews stated needed nothing- it was not a smoke screen- it literally needs nothing but sights. Accuracy with 69gr Federal GMM was consistent at just over .5 MOA at 100m bench/sandbags after I did my usual break in (habit :) for any new rifle, I know what you guys/gals will say...). I was running Bushnell Elite 6500 series on it for the test purposes, that will be changed out to 1-8x28 AccuPower Trijicon and off-set iron sights added... trigger is simply terrific out of the box (was main concern), so Competition Timney single stage is certainly a great match.
This is a first rig (rifle)for me with a flared magwell - I have been missing out, that is for sure.
All in all - very happy thus far!
Any other owners of this particular rig and what have been your longer term experiences?

Nobody owns one of these?
F7BA1082-80CF-4274-9B8D-FD0852D125C1.jpeg

I don't but have a fn srp tactical that is a tack driver so assume the comp is equally so!

Looks like Mega/Zev makes the receivers and handguard.