• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any LR Shooters in CA - NorCal Area

Ryan25

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
Yes we do still shoot in CA.

I'm in the Bay Area, let me know if interested.

Ryan B

Re: Any LR Shooters in CA - NorCal Area

Ryan, there's a 600y BR match at Sac Valley the weekend after next. NBRSA Nationals.

Welcome to the Hide.

Do you shoot at any of the Bay Area ranges, like Chabot, San Leandro, Livermore, Richmond, etc.?

Those aren't LR for sure.
wink.gif

HI guys, from the looks of it, it seems as thought i might be moving to the bay area here in the next couple months. I know this is a wee bit off topic, but i was wondering how SOL I might be on some of my guns, what I can and cannot bring there... blah... blah...

If anyone coule enlighten me, I would apprecaite it.

Again sorry if this is a bit off topic. Oh yea and I will of course be joining NORCAL! I've met a few of you guys at the match here in Phoenix, and each one of you were great!

Rob

What do you have? No assault weapons.. AR-15 , AK 47, No 50 CAL

You can look at the CAL DOJ Website.

As stated above hit the Cal DOJ website.

The NORCAL guys are awesome at SAC Valley. There are a number of fellas that come up from the Bay that you could ride with. Local to the Bay, i liked Santa Clara County range south of San Jose the best.

Good luck.

www.ncpprc.com

Feel free to join our online forum. All of the nor cal boys post there and arrange range sessions there.

Hit me up with a PM or give me a call if you have any questions.

Vu

Welcome to NorCal. Visit Calguns.com and look at the flowchart to determine whether anything you own is not legal in CA. it's a very helpful resource.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rszkutak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HI guys, from the looks of it, it seems as thought i might be moving to the bay area here in the next couple months.... blah... blah...
</div></div>

NCPPRC, don't say I din't warn you......

John here, new to the hide new to long range shooting. I've been varminting for the last couple of years and only shoot out to about 500yds (limited by the accuracy of my firearms). As far as hunting goes I've been doing that since I was eligable. I'm very interested in precision shooting and want to learn more. I hope to absorb what I can and contribute what I can. The ncpprc looks like a good place to start. I live in Marin and would love to meet and shoot with some of you locl guys.

John

10 rounds max capacity mags here in Cali. You can have detachable mags on a pistol/thumbhole grip on a centerfire rifle here if you install a bullet button. Rimfire rifles are legal to have high cap mags but you can not legally purchase/sell them here in the state. silencers are also a no no along with any auto enabler whatsoever. Hope this helps even though you probably already figured most of it out by now.

I own 40 acres in Livermore and usually shoot there with friends every Sunday,
We have a target set up at 400 yards,if I cut down some trees might be able to make it 600.

Any of you all shoot at Laguna Seca? I'm stuck in Monterey for the foreseeable future and I miss shooting. All I have is a 22 with me but I'm taking it out this weekend.

Jeb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macduff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of you all shoot at Laguna Seca? I'm stuck in Monterey for the foreseeable future and I miss shooting. All I have is a 22 with me but I'm taking it out this weekend.

Jeb </div></div>

I have family in Monterey & they love guns/ shoot semi regularly. He was telling me about a private range somewhere around there. PM me if you want details